Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

virus in a pic???

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by arq, Jun 17, 2002.

1. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

anyone know the details or if it's true that there's a new strand of viruses found in pics?? heard something last week but wasn't really paying much attention.

ARQ.

2. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

People can stash viruses in stuff all the time (pictures being one)... like if you download stuff like mp3's scan them to be sure someone wasn't being cute and attached a bonus you don't want...

3. CaveBlazin

CaveBlazin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I know all about this virus thing. Ive been taken pics over the years on my digital camera and putting them in the pic folder. Then one day I run a virus scan and it picks up something in the folder sure enough I had to contain the HOLE darn folder all those pics gone I had to quarintine it. I think the virus must have attached itself to the folder by another disk it was nasty I can tell you that but at least its gone now (and so are all those pics) /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

4. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

I had a virus sent to me and the picture was a TPI setup off of an IROC??!?!? /forums/images/icons/confused.gif /forums/images/icons/confused.gif /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

5. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

If you ever want to check to see if a virus is true or not you can go to this link Here and check it out. Ive always found the site to be helpful and they seem to be legit. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

6. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

You can also check http://www.sarc.com for hoaxes or actual viruses. Sarc is Norton's parent site.