Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Visa Check Card @$%#! Need Advise Please!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by duece21, Nov 28, 2004.

1. duece21

duece21 1/2 ton status

So I was checking my bank statement today and was balancing my what charges I have on my check card. Well I found one for $312 from this company. Global Fit Services Well I called them tonight and they told me that refunds would be happening in 2 or 3 days and that it was a company in the UK that has been making the charges to all kinds of card #'s. and she told me to call them to find out how they got my card #. Here is the web addy for the UK company. UK company! I want to find out how they got my card#, but at the same time I don't want to call the UK cause it will cost me an arm and a leg to call over there. I mean do I start barking at Global Fit because they are the one's whose name is on my card statement or do I pony up and call the Uk company?
    /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Call your bank and dispute the charge. Let your bank's fraud dept. handle it. You may want to get a new card while you're talking to your bank.

3. tx_sub

tx_sub 1/2 ton status

same thing happened to my a couple of weeks ago. i got a call from my card company asking about odd out of country purchases. i told them they were bull sh!t. they refunded my account. i got a new card and pin next chance i had. the weird thing was my brother had the same thing happen to him only a week prior to my problem. plus i heard about other people having similar problems about the time someone was stealing my $$. as great as this internet thing is, it sure can fubar your life with identity theft and the like.

call your card company to dispute the charges and get a new card and pin number asap.

4. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

I had a similar problem once. I do not have a credit card, only a debit card with a VISA logo. I purchased something online, but the company took my money and ran.

I tried to dispute it with VISA, but they said because it was a debit card and not a true CC that one cannot dispute like one can with a CC. I talked to my bank manager directly and she said they could not do anything unless I file a fraud report with the local PD.

I filed a fraud complaint with the PD (they said they wouldn't do anything since the company was in Cali.) I took the complaint number to the bank and they then refunded my money.

On a side note, I also filed with the Internet Fraud Complain something or other, which is a federal thing that is online. It took months, but eventualy the owner of the company that defrauded me sent me a MO for the full amount to avoid prosecution. So I got refunded twice /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

The point of the story is that you bank may be able to do somethign about it since they did for me, but maybe they just did it for me for PR and not because they had to.

GL and don't let them $*^$*^ take your money.

5. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

Contact your Bank.

They are the only people who can/will help you.

6. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

sounds like a good scam, bill your card for 300 bucks witch your not going to let go.

you call, yes sorry we made a mistake, we will refund you but call this overseas toll number.

so you call and get your 300$$ back but they get 10 bucks from every caller, and you cant dispute that you did call.

just dell with visa if you dident charg the cash they'll get it back to you! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

7. BrianDamage

BrianDamage 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

I tried to dispute it with VISA, but they said because it was a debit card and not a true CC that one cannot dispute like one can with a CC.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's no longer the case...as long as you use it as a credit card (do not use your PIN #) it is exactly the same as a regular Visa if something like this happens

8. duece21

duece21 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I'm going to call compass monday morning. I still want to know how that company got my card #. Somebody gave it out and I would really like to know. **** legal action, just go down to them and give them a good ol fashioned A$$ woopin. Well at least I can dream can't I. Thanks for the help, never had this happen to me before, I'm usally really good about not disclosing personal info, but If you buy something online then someone has your card#.