Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Visiting Arizona in July?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 45acp, Jul 6, 2002.

1. 45acp

45acp 1/2 ton status

Is the visit by ThatK30Guy and the Boss still planned for this month?

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Bill, my buddy whom moved back here had just found a buyer for his K10 shortbed in Tucson. His old room mate called a few days ago and confirmed that he had found a buyer for the truck. They are both in the process of the title/paperwork right now.

So, this truck being sold brings up the question of whether we still want to make the trip or not, just to get out of town and come see/visit people.

I was kind of thrown into a loop after he told me about the buyer. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif I may have jumped the gun when I made the thread about coming down to see you guys. /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

I'm gonna talk to him some more and see what he has planned for now. If he hasn't found a job by then, I could still do the trip. My vacation starts on the 13th, so that's something I'm looking forward to, and also the trip to Arizona.

Just hope the plan does not fall thru. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

3. 45acp

45acp 1/2 ton status

Wes, I would wait untill fall or winter time to visit Tucson. It is just plain miserable here in July & August with both heat and humidity. When snowballs hit you in the ass in Kansas is the time to visit the desert. But if you still coming I have the beer iced, some good green chile buritos, chips and salsa waiting for you. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

4. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

We do have Christmas break from work at the end of December. Maybe this would be a better time to come down? /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

5. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Much better! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

6. bklynlifted

bklynlifted 1/2 ton status

i'll be headig out to the desert 7/31 to 8/5 for a little visit i'm staying at my cousins in scottsdale, get some other k5 guys together and we hit the local watering hole. let me know where and what time?? /forums/images/icons/wink.gif web page web page

7. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

45...I just PM'd Wes, before I saw this thread...

Yeah, I'm still coming down there. I'm flying out here on July 11 and flying back on the 16th. So, I can meet up with yah, between the 12th and 15th. I'll PM yah some #'s...
    Boss

8. 45acp

45acp 1/2 ton status

Boss, When you fly into Tucson you will be very close to my machine shop. I will be glad to meet you or give directions on how to get here and I would be glad to drive to Green Valley to meet you and your girl friend for dinner. PM me with some phone numbers and we'll find a way to meet.

9. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

Just checked out weather.com, and it says it's going to be 105 degrees for the whole time we're there!!! Sheesh!.

Hey, is it humid there now, in July? Humidity + 105 is not a good thing...:D
    Here, we get that Humidity but max avg heat of about 95, and you're like sweating to death.
    I felt the dry heat out there before (but in the spring time), and it wasn't too bad at all.

I think we're getting picked up from the airport, so I don't think we can just swing on by to your shop...I wish...
    I got your digits, so you'll definately be hearing from me... /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
    Boss