Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Volunteer work for kids :)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by hi pinion, Feb 22, 2006.

1. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

I was thinking pretty soon i want to volunteer some of my time to some youth programs. Like mabey a youth suicide prevention hot line or something, or a big brother sort of deal,or like help a lonely kid in a foster home out with someone he can turn to and talk with. Ive done some stuff similar to this before, but i never got to see the kid, i just gave money :doah: :D

Has anyone ever done volunteering for any youth programs? Like on a one on one basis?

If so, what was it?

Last edited: Feb 22, 2006
  2. gauder

gauder Banned

I can hear it now:

troubled youth-- "I'm feeling like I want to end it all right now, I just need someone to talk to....."

hi pinion-- "So why are you wasting your time talking about it, get to cutting kid."

Na, I'm just kidding. That's pretty admirable of you to want to donate some of your time.

3. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

sounds like a plan to me! been thinking of doing something along the same line myself, but with having to work nights and not being able to be around during the evenings, I figured it would be best not to for now.

4. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

5. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Right on, Jake!!! Go for it, as long as you have the time. A happy guy like you would be perfect for a position where you're dealing with people who need someone to lean on. :thumb:

6. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

OH I KNOW YOU WOULD BROTHER,,,,THATS A FACT!!!!

Another thing i am sure of, is the kid will get attached, and , i dont know what to do if that happens, because i dont want to mess with a childs heart.I just know the things the child is going through, because i went trough it myself, and there is alot of pain with that.I just thought it would be cool to

"MAKE A DIFFERENCE"

""" Children are something special God gave to us to treasure like a gift, its the most valuable gift a person could ever have .Not to be thrown away like trash, and abandoned somewhere. Leaving them all permanently torn up inside and scarred and bleeding and lonely, and confused,and just broken down with no hope is the only thing it did."""

Jacob

7. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

:haha:
    I hope we dont fall over :haha: :D

I could go to his school and slap around the kid whos been picking on him too:ignore: :grin: :deal: :shame: :haha: :pimp: :rotfl: *** jack them up***:D :haha:

j/k:D

Dude, it would only take an hour or so, mabey 2 a week. Whats the big deal?

Hu

Jake :laugh:

8. spongeidys

spongeidys 1/2 ton status

im sad jacob im so so so so very sad...im thinking of takeing the path of the emo grass right now >.<

just kidding like i said last night go for it your bound to make someone happy and or make them not do something stupid ;D

9. PeteH

PeteH 1/2 ton status

i've done it a couple of times but mainly through previous school programs..dont really know much about it outside of that though..

10. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Im just curious if anyone else has done this? I dont have that much time, but i want to do SOMETHING. It will be fun.:) The thing i dont want to do is get involved , and then not have enough time though:doah:

11. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

12. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Anyone?

13. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

you should not be shaping young minds
    i have met you

:flipoff::)
    i did stuff with the boy scouts in japn, it was pretty cool

14. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Japanes boy scouts? WHOOOOO!

15. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

nope american boy scouts
    on base

16. Resurrection_Joe

Shucks *kicks dirt*

17. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

As far as the shaping minds thing, our son is advanced both mentally, and in his sentences, a year ahead of scedule .According to the psycologyst at UC Davis hospital. They said its a rare thing. Knew his ABCs and what not waaay young, when he shouldnt have been even talking yet.So, i dunno about that .........................................:dunno: :waytogo:

Cool, eh, Japan hu?Sweet!;) I dont know man, i just think its the right thing to do,because the way the world is going, i dont like it so much,i think its a dark road ahead, i think i can identify exactly how to deal with some of the issues alot of these kids have, im not a licensed type counselor person or anything, other than a c36 plumbing license :D:haha: , i was thinking a little time of self sacrafice for myself,,,might mean the world to some kid in an orfinage somewhere whos parents just died.I think i may be out of my leage with the suicide prevention deal lol, thats a little much for me i think.Im thinking the big brother thing might be cool though.:) Id have to do it in the PM but thats ok i suppose. Its for the greater good of things man:waytogo:

18. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

Man, I couldn't work a suicide hotline. I'm not the person to talk to if you're thinking like that. One little nudge...

19. Resurrection_Joe

I'd like to help kids too

"I wanna die"

"Nah man, come over to my house, we'll watch some movies and talk about stuff."

"Uh ok"

20. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

:crazy: Yeah ,i know. Those kind of high concentrated doses of finessed self control i just dont posess man.The life line lol, its what it is. I was thinking about that later ha ha. To be responsible for a life on that level i just, whell, no thanks.:crazy: Im leaning towards the evening time , big brother sort of deal if they can swing it. Id rather work with a boy also because i dont understand wommen at all, not even when they are girls lol, i dont even have a clue as to what is going with any of them ,ever lol, :haha: all those delicate emotions and ,,, :haha: ???? At home with my wife i act like a robot ,play dumb dumb, nod my head, that seems to work purdy good. :D Ive gotten by this far with it . So i guess it works :D ..........

I dunno, mabey even take the kid around light wheeling for a few hours and get him involved in a sport,something positive like that. Take their minds off of things for a while.So they can have fun, give them something like a goal, to work towards for later on,,like wheeling or a sport, instead of hanging around the negative type failure people. Every boy likes trucks man.:wink1: Im looking into it soon.I dont see any reason why not, to do this. Because its all a cylce man , pretty soon they might be the ones grown, and helping another kids out later in life. Some of these kids have it rough too , alot of things we take for granted every day, they have never known.Sometimes it just takes a small little spark* of encouragment,and build there confidence up a bit, to get them running in the right direction for a while at least.

Jake*