Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

VORRA race pics...........

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Bubba Ray Boudreaux, May 15, 2003.

1. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Here's some more action from the Valley Off Road Racing Association, the boys and girls that I'm covering this summer.

This first pic is of a young guy who took first in class during the Laughlin Leap in Jan. and can do things with that car that defies convention. Maybe another Robby Gordon in the making.
    [​IMG]

Next pic is of a couple Class 7 trucks, the high $$$ types. The yellow one I got to ride in during the first race practice. The one in the air is piloted by a guy who is paralyzed from the waist down and drives with hand controls ala Evan Evans.
    [​IMG]

He loves the new suspension /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    [​IMG]

The infamous Oklahoma "Boomer Sooner" Landrush Start didn't get off too good this time around.
    [​IMG]

A close-up of the pile-up. The white truck going over is the two-time defending class champion. She ended up DNF in the heat due to a rear axleshaft snapping.
    [​IMG]

2. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

That looks like fun. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    That looks like fun. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah yes, it was all fun and games. The Class 7 trucks looked like survivors of a demolition derby after they got done that day. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [image]www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid61/pbc95a369a8a9d41c42c4b8a8f00fdf48/fc2441de.jpg[/image]

[/ QUOTE ] *Edited*(crud, not sure why thats not working, same pic as bubba posted, so no big deal.)*edited*

Nice, looks like a blast and a half !

[ QUOTE ]
    Valley Off Road Racing Association, the boys and girls that I'm covering this summer.

[/ QUOTE ]

'splain. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

5. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

I'm doing write-ups for them this season for the Dusty Times, and doing some stuff for the website. ChevyCaGal is doing some photography too.

By the way, there is a slim chance that if the race Labor Day weekend happens (BLM I guess is out of control, what's new) that I may make a speed run up there to southern Idaho for a day or two so if I do go, I'll have to stop by and go "what up cuz?" /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    run up there to southern Idaho for a day or two so if I do go, I'll have to stop by

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be kewl!

Might just make a weekend of the thing, keep me posted.