Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Vortec 4.2 Inline 6

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by MEPR, May 27, 2003.

1. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

Anyone have anny experience whith this motor. Im looking at buying a rig for daily driving/ light towing, and it looks like a trailblazer might fit the bill. I was realy excited when i saw that they came whith inline 6s (call me an inline motor nut /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif), becouse my expereince whith inline 6s is that they are easier on gas than a v-8 and will pull out of the hole a bit better. So anyone know anything about these things? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

275hp... 24-valve... variable valve timing...

Damn thing reminded me of a 5.9 Cummins when I saw one sitting on a stand at a wrecking yard. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

(I dig inlines too /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif )

3. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Yup...my Mom's got one in her new Trailblazer /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif That thing can haul some a$$ if needed. I don't know about towing because we haven't towed with it yet, but daily driving is a breeze. Let's just say it doesn't even break a sweat getting on the freeway. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
    Only complaint I have about the Trailblazers is the blindspot...but that's being kind of picky. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Oh yeah...my Mom's Trailblazer is litterally optioned out (minus the sunroof), but we got it as a factory exec so we didn't have much choice. (I must say though, the DVD player is pretty cool /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif) So, even the extended version that she has is still getting about 17mpg around town.

4. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

yeah the only option i would be getting on this beast is 4x4 maybe. But since i am a native to winters i rarly use 4x4 on the road peiod so i may save the extra cash since it will be a bone stock pavement pounder.

5. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Well, they've got my recommendation if that means anything to you. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

The motor itself is awesome (thanks to Honda engineering) The truck however I know not a whole lot about. I want a pick up avail. with those motors. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

8. Joe V

Joe V Newbie

No exp, but my neighbor just rented a 2004 Trailbalzer with a V6. He said it's gutless. I was wondering about the I6 as well, I'm glad to hear good feedback about it.