Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

vortec 57 for my 85 K5

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Ben Tanner, Nov 5, 2005.

1. Ben Tanner

Ben Tanner Newbie

Jul 28, 2005
    I have a very tired and sick 350 in my blazer and while looking for a used motor to put in it since i use it everyday to and from work to make a fast one weekend swap i found a vortec 350 out of and early 2000 yukon denoli with 58,000 some odd miles so i bought it so much for the one weekend swap is what i'm thinking so far i'm getting the computer reprogramed for a manual to work with my older 700R4 and getting a painless wireing engine manigment harness for the swap i know i'm going to need an inline fuel pump and i'm thinking aftermarket air intake to keep from trying to fit the factory box under the hood any other insite and help would be greatly appriciated in a big way don't want to have to ride my bicycle to work for long might start to get cold soon and i'm starting to think the current motor is going to cause me to get towed back home before i'm ready to start
  2. kw48653

kw48653 Registered Member

Sep 16, 2003

they have all the goodies to make it run right.

expensive though.