Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

vortec head/ accesory compatibility

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Dunc03, Jun 23, 2002.

1. Dunc03

Dunc03 1/2 ton status

I'm looking to swap my 86 305 for a vortec 350. Will the accesory brackets bolt up directly to these heads, or will I have to drill holes in the brackets to fit hte holes tapped in the heads? Is there any body that has swapped in the vortec heads onto an older block say 87 or older and still used all the original accesories and brackets? Anything you can give on the subject is much appreciated.

2. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

The accesories will go off without a hitch. The throttle bracket will need some modifying, along with the solid metal brake vacuum line.

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Older block retrofit..don't forget you'll need a new intake. Don't even bother trying to convert the heads for an old style intake, just get one made for them. (about $180...ok, lied, just found return receipt: $153 locally for a spreadbore Edelbrock performer)

If you have visual emissions inspection, EGR will be another issue, but that can be worked around too of course.