Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Vortec heads on a TBI 454

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Doug, Feb 10, 2004.

1. Doug

Doug Registered Member

I'm pretty sure I can install the heads on my '93 Mark V block. The question is more in making sure that a manifold is available to bolt on to accept the new combination of block, heads, and tbi. Anyone have experience with this?

2. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

According to these guys you cant run gen V heads on a gen IV motor. Take it w/ a grain of salt. Im personally not sure.

3. TopOff

TopOff 1/2 ton status

I believe you can.

If I recall right, you will neeed to get the rockers machined because the gen V are non-adjustable, and the head gaskets will have to be for the Gen V.

I would really have to look at my books to be sure though.

4. Doug

Doug Registered Member

I am almost 100% sure that the heads are compatible with the my block, my question is more toward the intake manifold. Is there a manifold available, or modifiable to work with the vortec heads and the tbi? OR...how involved and/or expensive would it be to swap a whole vortec 454 with wiring and all for my tbi 454 setup? The motor needs a rebuild either way, so Im looking at my options within reason.