Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

vortec manifolds in K5 frame?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by CCRider, Jan 2, 2003.

1. CCRider

CCRider 1/2 ton status

Am wondering if vortec manifolds fit in a k5 frame without any trouble here's some pics of the vortecs [​IMG] [​IMG] and the standard blazer manifolds I've got now look like this [​IMG] anyone running the vortecs? .............CC /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. BigBurban350

BigBurban350 1/2 ton status

Those appear to look like they will fit. I notice the driverside manifold exits at a lower angle, but I dont think that interfers with anything. Anyways, why dont you just get headers? /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

3. CCRider

CCRider 1/2 ton status

I can get the vortec manifolds on e-bay for 30$ already has the egr tube for my vortec head conversion , won't have to deal with gaskets leaking , can keep the tubes higher in the chassis(reason for looking at the left side especially) and gives me more options on the 2into 1 pipe ...............Thanks, need real world facts if they'll fit ' that left one is kind of wide from the block!!! .................CC /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

4. BigBurban350

BigBurban350 1/2 ton status

Well if your going through the trouble of converting to Vortec you might as well go ape sh*t and get the vortec mainfolds to compliment your heads and intake. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. CCRider

CCRider 1/2 ton status

Just want to make sure that's a viable option with clearance before I do this , If they don't fit , I can take a different route (shorty headers, etc.) thanks...............CC /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

6. CCRider

CCRider 1/2 ton status

Has anyone done a swap of a newer engine and kept the manifolds? Somebody?....... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

7. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

I think this was kicked around some time ago and it was determined that there is no difference. When I did my 383 w/Vortec heads swap, I used Edlebrock headers and there was no special part # for Vortec headers.

8. bigbluek20

bigbluek20 1/2 ton status

Can't comment on the 350 but I can tell you about my vortec 454 swap into an 82 /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

Basically, it fit. However, the EGR tube is a little "squished" shall we say against the firewall. Particularly, against the lip at the lower part of the firewall. I also had to remove a heat shield from the left side manifold (It might have fit once in, but it wasn't fitting while trying to negotiate the beast into the truck with the 4l80 still attached /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif ).

Good luck.

9. 87GMCJimmy

87GMCJimmy 1/2 ton status

Yup, I'm not done yet but there is a vortec motor with manifolds in my 87. Still need to take it to the exhaust shop and have the rest of it built, but the manifolds fit fine.

Mike

10. JAXSTER

JAXSTER 1/2 ton status

Just put some in my burb, K5 same frame they fit.

11. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color="blue">I run shorty headers for a 88-98 fullsize truck on my 71, the should also work on your 91