Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Vortec Performer vs. Performer RPM

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BigJohnson, Mar 5, 2003.

1. BigJohnson

BigJohnson 1/2 ton status

How much difference in low-end power is there between these two intakes? I have the RPM intake now and I am thinking of changing over to a Performer intake to use with my new q-jet. Would this swap be worth the effort and money?

Thanks

2. alec78

alec78 1/2 ton status

If I follow you, you are changing from a normal bolt pattern Performer to a Vortec bolt pattern? Are you changing to Vortec heads? If so, there is a big power difference. Heard number of just the heads being better than double humps, and thats with the 1.94 valves to dhh 2.02!! Couldn't tell you about modifying the manifold to prevortec heads.

Hope this helps.

3. BigJohnson

BigJohnson 1/2 ton status

My mistake, my question wasn't very clear. I have a Vortec 350 now with a Vortec Performer RPM intake and I am wondering if swapping to a Vortec Performer intake would increase my low rpm power and throttle response.

Thanks

4. Blazer1970

Blazer1970 1/2 ton status

Dyno tests that I have seen comparing the two show very little if any loss of low end torque with the RPM vs. the Performer. I would just keep the RPM unless you have some other reason to change. What cam you use is going to have a LOT more effect on your torque curve than the difference between those two manifolds.

5. Nikk

Nikk Registered Member

I agree with the above post by Tim