Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Vortec/TBI Conversion Complete !WOW!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by blazup1x, Aug 10, 2004.

1. blazup1x

blazup1x Registered Member

Finally done!I've been working on my blazer for over a year and this past weekend I finished.Before anyone ask for a picture of this conversion I will try to post it tomorrow after work. But first I would like to say I'm very satis fied with the power my rig has now. I have a 87 K5 with the AIR system we installed the vortec heads with the GM tbi intake and all of the emission eguipment I had to relocate vacuum from the rear of the intake for the brake booster and I had Todd from yearwoods speed and custom burn me a custom chip! big difference very big difference.I purchased the egr pipe from GM and Also the driver side exhaust manifold But It was put back with my stock manifolds If this setup past emissions ( which I think it will)because
    It has the smog pump and the egr valve.At first I regreted that I bought vortecs and thought I should have got some protopline or Dart After listening to lot of people's post on aftermarket heads. Dyeager first told me that this should work and it works just great! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Cant you all tell Im so happy! Thanks everyone!

Chris in Albuquerque

2. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

How much more power to you think you have? Are you still running a stock cam?

3. uao85

uao85 1/2 ton status

Thats awesome, I am glad to hear you are satisfied with your setup. I was going to do a custom setup up similar to yours, but with either a .030 bored 400, or a 383 stroker. But, for some reason, I decided to do a fully custom 6.0 vortec swap out of a 01 2500 hd. Needless to say, I LOVE the power the 6.0 has(345 hp, 400 tq) and good gas mileage, but I should have swapped in a lt4 corvette motor to retain stock engine dimensions and be done with it. Oh well, thats on the next "to do" list I guess. But first, is my blown 383 lt4 m1008 cucv buildup. /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif I think I have said too much. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

Remington

4. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Glad to hear it's working out great for you!

An engine setup right is a beautiful thing. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif