Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Vortec TBI

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dammit32, Dec 17, 2002.

1. dammit32

dammit32 1/2 ton status

I was looking at the salvage yard and came across a Vortec 350 in a 96 truck . Can I bolt on my TBI stuff to this with a Vortec TBI intake and make it work?

It seems it would have alot more power than my stock 350 and there are quite a few mods for the Vortecs.

I dont want to run a Carburetor.

2. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

The TBI intake won't bolt onto the Vortec heads. There may be something aftermarket in the way of a custom TBI intake or a 4V intake and TBI/4V adapter.

The heads are the key benefit of the Vortec engines. Most other mods benefit the Vortec injection system. Some places are offering new Vortec heads that are drilled to fit older intake manifolds.

3. txbluethunder

txbluethunder 1/2 ton status

GM Performance Parts makes a kit to retro tbi to vortec heads. scoggin dickey . you could prob just call and get them to bom out the kit p/n and sell you the intake alone.

4. Shagnaz

Shagnaz 1/2 ton status

I have found a intake manifold for TBI to vortec heads. It was in the Christmas Jegs cat. $324.
    I have a 94 Impala SS Lt1 motor and was going to take the
    tune port off and use TBI on it. Up grade the TBI set up to the 670 cfm, of course, for $316 which is good up to 285 hp.