Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Vortec to 4l60e to atlas

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by RustyNailJustin, Jun 24, 2005.

1. RustyNailJustin

RustyNailJustin Registered Member

Start off this is a 99 5.7 vortec mated to a 4l60e and 4.3 atlas. I am using a Painless harness and 97 ECM. I am wondering what people using this set up have done to use the VSS? As far as I know I cant bypass the VSS cause its a 4l60e and the computer needs the info to shift correctly. Painless guy I talk with really did not know any kind of answer So I hope someone with first had experence can help me out.

2. 87GMCJimmy

87GMCJimmy 1/2 ton status

Check out www.jagsthatrun.com. You can put a reluctor ring on the tranny output and a sensor in the adpater housing to get the VSS signal. Pretty easy to do.

Mike

3. RustyNailJustin

RustyNailJustin Registered Member

I have read your right up on your Vortec swap and IMO its the best one on the web :D Nice job!

What PN is your VSS?

I have an advance adaptors, adaptor it has provisions for the reluctor ring. I was digging around in the shop and I have a VSS thinks its for a 700R though screws into the hole in the adaptor but different electrical connection. its PN
    12215001 not sure if thats a delco PN.