Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

VOTE HERE TO SAVE YOUR TIRES------EVERYONE!!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Flexy K20, Jun 8, 2003.

1. Flexy K20

Flexy K20 1/2 ton status

Yes I realize that there is another post for this but this is such a huge deal I thought I needed to make another one. Everyone please go here and vote aginst this bill. Vote NO Here Please take the minute to do this. THANKS!!!
    -fLeXy K20

2. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

3. doctor4x4

doctor4x4 1/2 ton status

Thanks as i missed the outher 1 but i got my vote in now :-) !!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

4. Flexy K20

Flexy K20 1/2 ton status

More importantly then this but it does take longer, contact your senator. It has passed in CA and is now going to the senate. We need to talk to our senators! Here is CA's
    Byron D. Sher
    State Capitol, Room 2082
    Sacramento, CA 95814
    (916) 445-6747
    Fax (916) 323-4529
    Senator.Sher@sen.ca.gov

Just e-mail him and tell him how you feel. Everyone please take the time to look up you senator, it takes 5 minute most and this could be one of the biggest laws aginst us yet. This needs to be stopped, so dont leave it up to other, YOU need to do this. Thanks
    -fLeXy K20

5. got_mud

got_mud 1/2 ton status

i put in my .02 and added about $20 worth of commentary.

what is with california, anyway? those dumbasses out there still can't figure out that guns don't kill people, people kill people, and now they are applying it to everything. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

6. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

How about a link to the bill? Let me read it then I will make up my own mind.

7. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

Here is a quick rundown:

This legislation claims to ensure that replacement tires be at least as fuel efficient as original equipment tires sold with new vehicles.

The Yuppie explanation:

Currently, almost all new cars sold in California come equipped with low-rolling resistance tires that boost each car's fuel economy rating. However, when California consumers purchase replacement tires for their cars, they are unaware that almost all aftermarket tires are not low-rolling resistance. As a result, once they change their tires, they unknowingly spend more money on gasoline, and their cars produce increased levels of pollution.

AB 844 directs the California Energy Commission to develop an efficiency program for replacement tires sold in California. The bill would ensure that replacement tires are at least as energy-efficient, on average, as the tires sold as original equipment on those vehicles and would include testing of replacement tires, consumer labeling and standards similar to the Energy Star program for appliances.

The supporters of this legislation claim it would:

<ul type="square"> [*]Reduce California's gasoline consumption by 300 million gallons per year. [*]Save a typical California driver $87.00 to $260.00 in fuel costs during a vehicle's lifetime. [*]Better inform consumers of the environmental impacts associated with new tire purchases. [/list]

This bill is supported by:

Natural Resources Defense Council, Sierra Club, American Lung Association, California League of Conservation Voters, Environment California, Union of Concerned Scientists, Coalition for Clean Air, Bluewater Network, and Planning and Conservation League support this bill.

I don't live in California but all of you who DO live in California need to understand that this bill says two things about you:

1) You are an absolute MORON and you are not capable of making any type of informed decision when you make a purchase of consumable goods and you are not capable of seeking the advice of a professional.

2) You need to endanger yourself and your family by being forced to purchase hard compound tires that provide less traction in all situations in order to "save our planet".

This is just stupid. Any tire that is sold on a new car or truck in the US can be purchased from a tire store that carries the same brand. If we want to go out and purchase better tires that provide greater traction and handling based on the intended use of the vehicle, then why don't they want us to do that?

All of you folks in California need to gripe and moan to your representatives about this pack of crap.

8. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Saw the other link (eventually), and made my comments on said bill. Thanks for the overview Goober.

9. ducttape114

ducttape114 1/2 ton status

i hate this state!!!!!!!!!

thanks for the link