Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Vroooooom....BOG (Carb?)

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Blazer_Boy, Apr 24, 2002.

1. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

Put a new 355 in my shortbox ('83 C-15 w/ SM465). Motor has vortec heads, Edelbrock Performer intake and a comp cam (.447/.462 210/218 111 seperation). I'm still running the Q-Jet. If I really drop the hammer to go fast, the truck throws you back like it should, then bogs for a sec or two and then gets with it again. It'll do the same thing about no matter where I have my timing set (have all the adjustable crap, vac advance is running full manifold). It doesn't seem to care what speed I have the motor turning, just when you really press the throttle in.

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Try running ported vacuum and see what happens. Guy on one of the car lists I'm on was troubleshooting a similar problem, and this solved it. At least its free and easy to try.
    : )

3. RaisedK5

RaisedK5 1/2 ton status

Have you rebuilt the carb? If not It could be either the accelerator pump not squirting enough gas down the barrels so it goes lean, OR the secondaries may need to be adjusted, there is a spring tension on the airdoors on top, if that is out of adjustment it can cause a bog, also check to make sure you have no vacuum leaks, start it up and shoot some carb cleaner around the base of the carb and along the vac lines and see if idle changes. Just a few thoughts.

4. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

this sounds on the money, though the accel pump usually is indicated by the initial tip in.