Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

W pissed me off *Got a Reply*

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Hossbaby50, Apr 13, 2004.

1. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I went to the local 4x4 shop today to pick up some stuff. I bought what I needed and pickup up a Warn Shackle to through in with my recovery gear.

I got home and was looking at the shackle and I became surprised and kinda pissed off. The front of the shackle was stamped

<font color="red"> Warn </font>

the back side

<font color="black"> China </font> /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

Here I was thinking I was buying a quality product that had a good name on it and I was really buying the cheap stuff. If I would have know before I bought it I would have just ordered one of the made in the USA shackles off the net and probably gotten it for the same price with shipping as the Warn. Just a heads up. Some of Warns accesories aren't as good as there is available.

***Updated***

Warn's reply is...

"Thank you for the feedback. I will forward your concerns."

Now we will see if I get a real response or if they blow me off. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

Harley

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Re: W piseed me off

Its a Shame man /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif I try to buy American (Canada is cool too, they like our cars) when ever I can /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif Also we all should try to use more smaller stores for stuff . America is changing, lets stop it by using mom and pop stores and smaller fab places /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif I am getting some ORD shackles soon as some other stuff gets done like my diff covers and seals etc. I will get some recovery shackles also as soon as I can afford a winch /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

You could have gone to 6 points hardware and gotten a USA stamped 3/4" shackle like I have. Oh they are stamp rated for WLL 7 1/2T dead lifting (won't bend till 15T and won't break till 21T).

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I totally feel ya. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I *almost* got in an arguement with one of my customers today because of this.

He was a former union man and called me a, "Scab on a rack" because I have a theory as to why nothing is made in America anymore.

The answer is simple. Unions have such a stronghold on the labor force that few companies can afford to hire an American worker anymore. Add our labor regulations that protect our workers, EPA regulations, taxes, etc., and no matter how hard companies try, they simply cannot make any money by doing the work here.

The longer we continue to allow this, the more you're going to see crap like you saw above.

I could go on a rant about Warn in general but in short I'll say that their customer service is pathetic.

5. Hossbaby50

That is where I am going to get the rest of my shackles. I only had one shackle and after the recovery mission we were on I wanted to make sure I had another. I am going to buy at least two more in the near future from 6 points.

6. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

the profit margins for overseas stuff is HUGE

the pricing here has plenty of room for profit for local made stuff

7. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    the profit margins for overseas stuff is HUGE

the pricing here has plenty of room for profit for local made stuff

[/ QUOTE ]

Retailers are not going to comprimise their margins unless it's Wal-Mart or something. Mom and Pop stores can't survive with, "loss leaders."

The labor unions are the only real people to blame in this IMO. I'll be glad to be a, "Scab om a rack" until the day I die. If I don't feel I make enough money, I'll walk out the door and find another job.

8. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

It's not just unions. It's also our government. We produce enough oil to make our own fuel for everything but what do we do we ship most of it out and import it for us. WHY? Health care cost, the government will provide it for every immagrant that comes to our country no matter how much money they make or what they own. WHY NOT DO THE SAME FOR EVERYBODY? People come to this country and we give them housing, food, cars, no or super low interest loans. WHY? Answer to WHY is because WE let them. To me it should be the same for everybody. Fair accross the board, no minorty bs, just treat everybody the same. WE ALL BLEED THE SAME COLOR!!! FORIGN POLICY, here is my answer, if I can't safely vacation in your country then you can kiss my ass. Why do we send billions of dollers, our hard earned tax dollers, to other countrys to get nothing in return and we can't help the people in our own country. Unions used to have a place but they are old and worthless. A UNION CAN'T DO A DAMN THING FOR YOU WITH OUT THE COMPANY THE UNION IS IN APPROVING IT FIRST. They go to negeociate a new contract, company does not approve, people pressured into going on strike and lose everything they own after 3 or 4 months, what is the union going to do for them, not a damn thing. Sorry for your luck that you lost your house, cars, and everything else you own. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Yes I have seen it happen and went through a lot of the same crap earlier this year when a union was tring to get in our plant.

9. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I totally feel ya. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I *almost* got in an arguement with one of my customers today because of this.

He was a former union man and called me a, "Scab on a rack" because I have a theory as to why nothing is made in America anymore.

The answer is simple. Unions have such a stronghold on the labor force that few companies can afford to hire an American worker anymore. Add our labor regulations that protect our workers, EPA regulations, taxes, etc., and no matter how hard companies try, they simply cannot make any money by doing the work here.

The longer we continue to allow this, the more you're going to see crap like you saw above.

I could go on a rant about Warn in general but in short I'll say that their customer service is pathetic.

[/ QUOTE ]

w3rd

10. gm4x

gm4x 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    It's not just unions. It's also our government. We produce enough oil to make our own fuel for everything but what do we do we ship most of it out and import it for us. WHY? Health care cost, the government will provide it for every immagrant that comes to our country no matter how much money they make or what they own. WHY NOT DO THE SAME FOR EVERYBODY? People come to this country and we give them housing, food, cars, no or super low interest loans. WHY? Answer to WHY is because WE let them. To me it should be the same for everybody. Fair accross the board, no minorty bs, just treat everybody the same. WE ALL BLEED THE SAME COLOR!!! FORIGN POLICY, here is my answer, if I can't safely vacation in your country then you can kiss my ass. Why do we send billions of dollers, our hard earned tax dollers, to other countrys to get nothing in return and we can't help the people in our own country. Unions used to have a place but they are old and worthless. A UNION CAN'T DO A DAMN THING FOR YOU WITH OUT THE COMPANY THE UNION IS IN APPROVING IT FIRST. They go to negeociate a new contract, company does not approve, people pressured into going on strike and lose everything they own after 3 or 4 months, what is the union going to do for them, not a damn thing. Sorry for your luck that you lost your house, cars, and everything else you own. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Yes I have seen it happen and went through a lot of the same crap earlier this year when a union was tring to get in our plant.

[/ QUOTE ]

You hit the nail on the head Wayne! The government IS the problem. They CAN'T run THIS country....so they take OUR tax $$ &amp; go to another country to tell THEM how it should be run??...PALEEZE! The ONLY ones benefiting from government policies IS the government. Ever hear the expression "Life's like a $hit sandwhich.....the more bread ($$) you have, the less $hit you have to eat! /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

11. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

I remember someone on here saying something to the extent of... 'WE WILL PAY $2 a mile to drive on roads, we will pay $2 a gallon for gas to get us to our $2 an hour jobs... why... because we HAVE TOO" /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif And this is true! /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

Well I've been looking for a job for over a year, with no luck... I apply to 10 places a week, for jobs I probley dont quilify for because everyone wants 3-5 years experance... It's the Catch 22 any way, any where you go. I'm getting to the point where I'm thinking about making [darn] up on my resume just to get a local job making $6 a hour and I'll probley end up living with my parents for another 3 years unless something changes /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

12. Hossbaby50

I sent out an email to Warn's Customer service last night expressing my disappointment with there shackle being stamped China. I mentioned that we (four wheelers) will often pay a little more to get the product that has the reputable name (like Warn) and expect to get the best product available.

I also mentioned that for what I paid extra for the Warn shackle that was made in China I could have saved a few dollars and bought the one with Made in USA on the back, or bought the cheap China shackle without the Warn name and saved even more then the USA shackle.

I am interested to see if and what they put in a responses. If they don't respond I will email them again.

I also mentioned the fact that I own other Warn products (2 sets of hubs and an M12000) and I recommend them to people all the time because I thought they were the best product available till now.

Harley

13. gm4x

gm4x 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I sent out an email to Warn's Customer service last night expressing my disappointment with there shackle being stamped China. I mentioned that we (four wheelers) will often pay a little more to get the product that has the reputable name (like Warn) and expect to get the best product available.

I also mentioned that for what I paid extra for the Warn shackle that was made in China I could have saved a few dollars and bought the one with Made in USA on the back, or bought the cheap China shackle without the Warn name and saved even more then the USA shackle.

I am interested to see if and what they put in a responses. If they don't respond I will email them again.

I also mentioned the fact that I own other Warn products (2 sets of hubs and an M12000) and I recommend them to people all the time because I thought they were the best product available till now.

Harley

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll be curious to see if/what they reply. Sadly, the mentallity of (alot, not all) "big-business" in regards to losing a customer is (if that's your intention).....there's another one just outside the door to take your place. Things didn't used to be that way, and it wasn't all that long ago either. Not sure if anyone else has noticed....it gets harder everyday to find "Made in America" products. Sad situation /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

14. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Don't be surprised if Warn moves all of their manufacturing offshore within a few years. The incentives are just too great. Steel costs less in China, labor costs less in China, ocean freight is CHEAP from China, and most AMERICANS will buy whichever product on the shelf is the cheapest, regardless of where it's made. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif This last item is the reason that so many jobs have gone away. American companies simply cannot compete on price alone and far too many shoppers consider price over quality.

However, "Made In China" isn't always synonomous with "Piece Of Junk". American companies are teaching them how to make higher quality products all the time. There are manufacturing plants in China now that have state of the art metallurgy processes and CNC machines. They are learning how to make more high-end parts all the time. You can even buy some airplane parts from China now that meet all of the FAA specs. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Just take a look at the computers that we're all accessing the internet on. Regardless of the name on the outside of the box, over 90% of the stuff inside was made in Taiwan, Maylasia, Singapore, etc. The global economy isn't "coming soon", it's here now...

15. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

<font color="black"> China </font> /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

its funny

we sell metal to china
    china makes stuff with it
    sells it back

16. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

[ QUOTE ]
    and most AMERICANS will buy whichever product on the shelf is the cheapest, regardless of where it's made.

[/ QUOTE ]

Blame Wal-Mart...j/k!!

Taxation issues and way too much consumer credit leave people with less and less disposable income. Most people have to shop on price and hope what they get lasts for a while...

Sad but true, and it's become a vicous cycle. The more people that shop on price the harder it is for local manufacturers to retain market share. That in turn puts a lot of downward pressure on wages so the company can try to stay competitive. Eventually they downsize or outsource the manufacturing and the jobs vaporize. The jobs that are left don't pay much. The people left working have no money...

Rene

17. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    and most AMERICANS will buy whichever product on the shelf is the cheapest, regardless of where it's made.

[/ QUOTE ]

Blame Wal-Mart...j/k!!

Taxation issues and way too much consumer credit leave people with less and less disposable income. Most people have to shop on price and hope what they get lasts for a while...

Sad but true, and it's become a vicous cycle. The more people that shop on price the harder it is for local manufacturers to retain market share. That in turn puts a lot of downward pressure on wages so the company can try to stay competitive. Eventually they downsize or outsource the manufacturing and the jobs vaporize. The jobs that are left don't pay much. The people left working have no money...

Rene

[/ QUOTE ]

you don't have to use ME as an example!!! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

18. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    Don't be surprised if Warn moves all of their manufacturing offshore within a few years. The incentives are just too great. Steel costs less in China, labor costs less in China, ocean freight is CHEAP from China, and most AMERICANS will buy whichever product on the shelf is the cheapest, regardless of where it's made. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif This last item is the reason that so many jobs have gone away. American companies simply cannot compete on price alone and far too many shoppers consider price over quality.

However, "Made In China" isn't always synonomous with "Piece Of Junk". American companies are teaching them how to make higher quality products all the time. There are manufacturing plants in China now that have state of the art metallurgy processes and CNC machines. They are learning how to make more high-end parts all the time. You can even buy some airplane parts from China now that meet all of the FAA specs. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Just take a look at the computers that we're all accessing the internet on. Regardless of the name on the outside of the box, over 90% of the stuff inside was made in Taiwan, Maylasia, Singapore, etc. The global economy isn't "coming soon", it's here now...

[/ QUOTE ] You are 100% right on the part about just because it's made in China does not mean it is junk............. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

19. Hossbaby50

got somewhat of a reply from Warn. It is at the top.

If anyone is interested I will post up my letter to them also, just say the word.

Harley

20. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

What kind of cheesy reply was that? geeez /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif