Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

w00t! New tow rig!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Zeus33rd, Aug 9, 2004.

1. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

[​IMG]

/forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

I wish it was mine. lol, my bud towed it to the gas station for me. But I can wish... Thats his trailer too. 18' 8 lug 10k lb axles with brakes on each axle. Built it himself while working at a trailer place. Sooooo overbuilt! He paid something $2k to build it- just materials and his time. The same model trailer sold for $5k+. /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

2. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

Sweet trailer....

3. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Not too big on a Ford but hey that trailer is sweet. Did you have to drive over the wheel wells or do they fit through them?

4. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

You had to tow it to the gas station to get gas??? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. Zeus33rd

[ QUOTE ]
    You had to tow it to the gas station to get gas??? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha! Yeah, I coulda brought gas to the truck, but I only have a 5 gallon can. I didn't want to make 5-6 trips to the gas station. Besides, Chris looooves to tow stuff. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

[ QUOTE ]
    Did you have to drive over the wheel wells or do they fit through them?

[/ QUOTE ]

That was the scary part. The first time I tried to drive onto it, because I was trying to get one tire on the fender and one on the deck, the back tires spun out causing the back of the truck to walk almost off the side of the trailer. (4.56 front, 4.10 rear= no 4wd) Ended up with a tire sitting on top of one of the light gaurds. Had to back off and try again. Just barely squeezed the 42's between the fenders- I have fender rash now rather than rock rash.. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif The trailer is as wide as is legal too. If I had functioning 4wd, I would just drove on the fender with one tire, the deck with the other. Fenders are made of 1/8 diamond plate and have good braces. He designed them to be driven on if needed. The trailer is pretty damn bad ass. Everytime I ask to borrow it, to tow something with my truck and his trailer, he just shows up with his truck and trailer anyways...He loves to use his toys. /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

6. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

that is a sweet trailer /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Here's to good friends!

8. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha trailer queen!
    Hey joe, trailers are for boats. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

9. Zeus33rd

I've already tried driving the thing on the road...It's scary as [darn]! And soooo far from legal it's rediculous. Sooo, trailer quenn it is. And will be. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif