I recently sold an RV trailer on Ebay. As soon as the auction ended I sent an email with my home and cell phone #s. I requested that the winner contact me asap to schedule pickup since my wife and I were busy and would have to schedule him in. I didn't explicitly label my phone numbers as home/cell but included them both. The auction specified a non-refundable deposit of $100 and that the trailer needed to be picked up in 10 days. Well he sends me an email talking about how busy he is and that he isn't sure when he'll be able to be down -- maybe the next weekend. So Friday at 10:30 A.M. he emails me and says he is leaving and driving to somewhere in Wisconsin to pick up a motor his son bought and then swinging back up through my town to pick up the trailer maybe Saturday or Sunday and he would call me when he gets close (he lives ~7 hours from here). Anyway, I have stuff to do and can't stick around my house all day Saturday and Sunday. I sent him an email right back saying to call me if he has any trouble and leaving him my cell number again (but he'd already left). So, I'm out and he calls my house -- no answer. 4 hours later, I'm still out and he shows up. No one there. He never calls my cell# because his wife didn't send it with him. He leaves a note and a message on my home answering machine. When I get home I call him back and he is already several hours away. I decide to refund him $20 and just keep the $80 to cover my listing fees -- and relist the trailer. Well today the relisted auction ended and the trailer sold for about $350 more than he had won it for . I get a message from him "Hello, I guess you remember me, I see that Lady Luck has smiled on you with the relisting and sale of the trailer.. Perhaps you might reconsider the situation we experienced , and perhaps be a bit more fair in so far as your refund to me." What do you think? Should I give him anything? He is out a bit of gas and time since he came here and didn't get the trailer. But I'm out time and I needed the money then not weeks later. Plus I bore all the risk -- If the trailer had sold for $300 less do you think he would be offering me a refund? What do you'all think -- by the way neither of us have left feedback about the transaction -- per his suggestion.