Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Waggy D44 Front?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by SHINTON, May 22, 2003.

1. SHINTON

SHINTON 1/2 ton status

There is a 1981 Wagoneer axle, D44, passenger side diff, that I can get the parts for basically free or close to it. It looks very close but the guy mentioned 30 spline inner but 19 spline out? Huh?

Does anyone know if this is good stuff, basically I will scam the spare axles, maybe some hub parts, extra R&P.

Sam

2. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

The R&P will be the only parts you can use on your GM. Axle shafts will be shorter because the whole Waggy assy is narrower. I dont believe very many if any of the outer parts will interchange (maybe the knuckles?).

3. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

I second that. Did the full size Jeep thing for a decade or so. I know the inner shafts will be too short, the outers MAY be the same, Knuckles out should work too.

4. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

The FSJ are also spring under. The drag link mounts to the tierod, they don't have flat top knuckles on either side. Your 10B or GM D44 also has 19 spline stub shafts. If its a GM D44 or an 88 & up 10B it also has 30 spline inners (28 for the older 10B). If you get one w/ a L/H drop it makes a good donor to do a SFA swap on the '88 & up IFS trucks. In addition to coming in L/H or R/H drop there are also two widths and offset or centered rear.

5. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    The FSJ are also spring under. The drag link mounts to the tierod, they don't have flat top knuckles on either side. Your 10B or GM D44 also has 19 spline stub shafts. If its a GM D44 or an 88 & up 10B it also has 30 spline inners (28 for the older 10B). If you get one w/ a L/H drop it makes a good donor to do a SFA swap on the '88 & up IFS trucks. In addition to coming in L/H or R/H drop there are also two widths and offset or centered rear.

[/ QUOTE ]BUT even in the Cherokee wide trac, the 2 door ones w/ the big flares, are still not as wide as a GM.

6. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Correct, but they are almost as wide as a GM rear. No need for spacers in the rear, just get rims w/ more + offset. I do not know how it would look on our morel, but it works & looks good on the IFS trucks.