Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wagoner Machine Shop dual cases

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by four_by_ken, Apr 23, 2002.

1. four_by_ken

four_by_ken 1/2 ton status

Anyone have any information about it? Price, etc?

Just the doubler, not the dual stick 203 or the lower 203 gearset... just a 203/205 doubler.

Ken H.

2. four_by_ken

Re: Wagoner Machine Doubler?

I called... real good guy. $750

Sounds just the same as ORD.

Ken H.

3. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

Not bad, but isn't ORD's $740 though?
    Or does the Wagoneer one allow you to use any type of 205 you want?
    Boss

4. Rockjunkies

Rockjunkies 1/2 ton status

I think they will build it for most applications. I got one from them. I had to send my old output shaft to them for a core. They really do have excellent service. I don't think that there kit is as complete as the ORD doubler, but it is worth looking into!

5. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Hmm, from reading this thread it would seem that:

A) It's not as complete as the one from ORD.

B) It costs a little more than the one from ORD.

C) ORD is the only one that supports CK5 with advertising dollars.

6. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

All true.

Only problem is if you have a T350 tranny, ORD will not help - wagoner will. I'm not selling all my stuff to buy all the 'correct' stuff when I can get it done with my existing tranny.

7. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Have one on the way. I will be writing a review on this for my website. I am good friends with Steve Sharp from Tulsa. Steve (friends with WMS) has the WMS "Dual Transfer Case" (careful dudes, Doubler is a trademarked name) setup in his '72. Steve put me in touch with Casey at WMS and he is building exactly what I want. I like ORD and think they have a great product - Im just trying something different and buying from a local. Both should be very comparable. I just ordered from a friend of a friend - basically.

The nice thing about WMS, they custom clocked my doubler for free. I think ORD does this too but not sure of costs. They also shipped out the part the same day they received payment. We had talked over the phone and he actually built my kit before I payed for it. Had it ready when I payed, and put it in the mail. That says alot.

I had mine done with the 203 turned upside down for clearance, plus rotated the NP205 2" up to flatten it out.

The only thing that makes it "less complete" are gaskets. ORD uses custom gaskets for the NP203 box to adpator. The boys at WMS recommend using Silicone because the adaptors are all precision machined. I don't think its a problem. Have you seen these guys wheel? They don't play around.

I will post dimensional data when the parts arrive. I am not sure if the WMS is shorter or same as the ORD. Does anyone have a dimension of the length of the ORD adaptor?

8. BozoWise

BozoWise 1/2 ton status

I know this is a broad question but I currently have a 203 installed in my blazer how much would it roughly cost to go to this 203 - 205 setup with all the parts read to drive. I can do the labor and was wondering if this might be a good tax return project.

9. Boss

I think their adapter is 6", I'll have to remeasure it, but I think it is 6". I'm going to put it under(Doubler) in about 2 weeks /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
    Anyhow, just to let you know, I had mine clocked up 2" also, and they don't add any cost to that (ORD).

I do like how WMS dual transfer will work with any 205...that's a big plus!

Bozo,
    Cost of the adapter to mate the 203 to 205 is ~$740...the rest depends on how much you can find a 205 for and if you can make your own shifters, and then driveshaft mods cost, etc....
    Boss
    Boss

10. four_by_ken

WMS dual cases have to use the same case ORDs setup. The shaft NEEDS to be one from a 400 trans 205.

Either place does it all basically the same.

Ken H.

11. Boss

Oh, ok, didn't know that. Thanks
    But which 400 version 205? the long or the short or it doesn't matter which version, as long as it's from a 400? GM came out with 2 remember (8bolt pattern for short, and 6 bolt pattern for the long). I'm refering to the female input shaft btw.

12. four_by_ken

I am not really sure. I was under the assumption that you just needed a 205 from a 400, the one with the 32 spline female input. Have to check into this....

Ken H.

13. Blazr77400

Blazr77400 1/2 ton status

It doesnt matter if you have a th350 trans,does it? My doubler is behind a 700r4 with a Advanced Adapters output shaft that makes it look like the back of a 350 trans.

14. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

The thing about adding a dual transfer case setup is when you have the NP203 tranny and range box, you are more than halfway there. Now, you need a TH400 short version NP205 and you are done. Like Boss said, build crossmembers, shifters, and retube your shafts and youre done. Of course this takes money, so youre not done till youve paid the Piper.