Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wahoo - ready to put in the 14 bolt FF

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bajaviking, Nov 24, 2004.

1. bajaviking

bajaviking 1/2 ton status

Just picked up a 14 bolt with an open carrier and 3:73s for 80 bucks. The oil inside looks clean and everything seems to be in good shape, the spring perches are in the right place so it should be pretty easy. I am now trying to decide if I should buy the 8 to 6 lug spacers or if I should convert the front to 8 lug. My current wheels are just black steel wheels so I am not that worried about getting rid of them if I have to. What would you do? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I did 8lug on my truck. I like 8 lug because you get rid of those tiny ass 7/16" wheel studs that you can snap pretty easy. I also am not a huge fan of spacers.

Also if you convert to 8 lug and buy 8 lug rims then if you ever get a D60 you won't need new rims. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Harley

3. bajaviking

bajaviking 1/2 ton status

That makes sense, I have broken 3 or 4 of those weenie little wheels studs so that alone is reason enough for me. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif