Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

wait. wtf did i miss

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by surpip, Dec 23, 2006.

1. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

This guy was asking for money to save his dads truck for medical bills, wich turned out to be a IRS bill?
    Is that about the sum of it?

2. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Correct.........

3. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

WOW thats super ****ed

glad i was broke and dident give anthing
    he posted on pirate also, do they know?

4. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I don't remember anything about medical bills. I remember it being an IRS debt from the first post I read, maybe it was edited by the time I first saw it?

There was an IRS debt owed and a selling a future family heirloom was the last resort to pay it, after looking for anyone on here's spare change.
    He did throw in info about how his brother's social security income would be threatened, which was paying for something related to a medical condition, if they didn't pay the bill.
    But it would never need to come to that because they could still sell the truck to pay the debt.

I admit, I feel a bit led-on at this point, but I'm not sure if I'm caught in the tide of popular opinion, or I actually have misgivings about the cause qualifying for goodwill handouts. I knew from the first time I read it that the request was for cash to save a family possession, not someone from absolute poverty. I didn't think it through completely enough at first, and I'm more enlightened now because of other CK5er's skepticism, but I don't think Shannon actually intended to decieve anyone. I would lean more toward it being poor judgement in desperation.
    As for Pirate, Shannon said in more than one post, he wouldn't post it over there, so it's not fair to fault him for it being there also.

Make sure you don't hang him for murder if he stole a loaf of bread.

5. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

he did post it over there
    I think i caught the wave of the masses as well, but i could have sworn i read "fathers medical bills"

well, as far as that goes, i hope everthing works out

6. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I didn't know he actually did, I just remember seeing him post twice here that he didn't feel comfortable posting it there cause he didn't really webwheel there.
    I'm not entirely sure what the deal is, I'm just going by what I saw posted here myself, from him and other members. I'm not one to seek bail-out donations while I have material objects to sell, regardless of their importance to me or the family. But not everyone feels that way, and one thing bout CK5 is that there's a level of trust and expectation built up with certain "lifers", so you sort of see they make a "I hit hard times" post, and feel like you're throwing a buddy a buck to help him out.

7. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

i was following mud's thread pretty much from the begining... and it always said it was for an IRS bill AFAIK. Cerebral Palsy was mentioned because they guy whos debt it actually is (muds bro) has it.

j

8. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I don't think it was fair or right for him to delete the thread because he has "mod-powers" and theres an ongoing thread over on Pirate. It should have just been locked and left alone so we could still read it over and over again. This is taking the easy way out on this site. Bet the thread doesn't get deleted over on PBB...