Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wake Up

Discussion in 'Midwest Region' started by 8_YOUR_H2, Aug 24, 2006.

1. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

Nothing gon on huh?

Got my cage 75% done. Found out one of the down tubes is 3 degrees off from the other and the "V" shaped supports in the windshield are a bit off too. You can see it if you really look but I dont care if people want to nit pick, I will just run them over. Going to "X" brace the halo and rear hoop tomorow. Trying to design something that won't hit my head, I might use a "W" design in the top section of the rear hoop and an "X" on the lower.

This weekend will bring the tube bed and tube fenders. Then I Can install the airshocks and tweak them, it is too bad airshocks have the full size rig indicator valve which disables them when installed on anything but a buggy...:rolleyes:

Something I did and may regret is I used the 1.5" tube that came in the jegs novelty cage kit I bought and did the door supports with that. I am trying to make the best of it since it was total garbage.

WTF is everyone else up to

2. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

Ahh, here is some eye candy from our trip to Gilbert MN. The guy with the toyota built in a 4 weeks from 2 separate trucks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My tow rig got 6.4 mpg. Pretty crappy but I slept in my own bed and we cooked a roast one day in the crock pot when we went wheeling.

[​IMG]

3. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

We were camping right next to the guy with the Toyota. Never got a chance to talk to him though.

You'll have to come up next year for Crawl For The Cure or later in the summer, I should have my rig done and ready to rock.

4. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

Were you with the guys in the blue S10 with no doors

5. mikey_d05

Yep, I was riding in the Toyota on 35's most of the weekend. Next time you see the YJ on 40's stop by and say hi. His name is Bill and the campsite that he's at (with the RV and white beat up XJ) is Jerry. Both great guys and if you break something that'll end your weekend, talk to Bill. He'll either have it or make it for you.

The guy that drives that S10 has balls bigger than my fist. He ran Lower Money :eek1:

6. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

No kidding? I wish I would have knew I would have come over and talked to you guys before we left.

Did you see the new section of lower money they are cutting? That will be bad ass.

7. muddermilitia

muddermilitia ThatTrazerGuy GMOTM Winner

Sounds like ur truck is comming along nicely. Im working on tying some loose ends on my truck and started making a flatbed. In a few weeks im gonna start on my S&W DOM cage. I also might be buying a dana 60 next week, so things are looking up:D

8. mikey_d05

It's all good, I'm sure you'll get up there again eventually and I'm not that far away. Besides, maybe we'll both have functional rigs and we'll show the Jeep and 'Yota guys that fullsizes work too. :D

I'll even buy you a beer at Gladiators. :haha:

9. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

Wheelin, alot. Ive been out almost every weekend this summer, and the body of my Toy shows it. Either this week or next i will be tearing it appart and building a 4-runner with my drivetrain and suspension. It should work even better than my current rig when done, plus will be streetable.

10. mikey_d05

Cool **** man. My buddy runs a Toyota on 35 MT/R's that's pretty built and from start to finish (well, it'll never be finished ;)) cost him under $5k. I keep looking at that truck and saying I shoulda just kept the 'Yota frame I had. :doah:

11. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

Ive got arround that in mine. 173:1, 38.5" boggers, spool/detroit, fully built axles, staun beadlocks, and lots of other crap. But, to be honest i really miss the fullsize. If i didnt wheel in such tight trails, id build another one. My old K5 was an awesome multi purpose rig, even if it wasn't hardcore. Hopefully the new runner does as good a job as a multi purpose, streetable wheeler as the K5 did, only smaller and alot more capable.

12. justinf

justinf 1/2 ton status

So when is the runner going to be ready to wheel? I'd like to go wheeling at the Badlands sometime in September, or early October. If you have the runner going you're welcome to meet up.

13. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

It shouldnt take long at all to have wheelable, i plan on having it out the 16th and 17th of September, but it wont be "done".

14. gzzgfw

gzzgfw 1/2 ton status

being "done" is for quitters.

15. TeK

TeK 1/2 ton status

we need to get a small trip planned sometime soon. I'm heading to the Iowa/Illinois border to pick up my new truck. Should have it back here in IN on Friday. Plan on checking everything over during the weekend and then I'll be ready to wheel.