Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

wal mart shopping card, how to get the balance in cash ?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by R72K5, Dec 26, 2003.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

who knows how to get the balance of the wal mart and sams club out in cash ? do you have to go through trouble of buying something to return in order to get just the cash ? or will that return go back into balance of card ??

basically i recieved a wal mart/sams club shopping card today in the mail from a relative and it has + $50 balance,\

i just need the money only ?? so i can fix truck asap,

wal mart doesnt have 4x4 parts or anything cool haha

thanks for anything

2. SS66

SS66 1/2 ton status

I think if you buy something and return it they put the balance on the card. Perhaps you can find some customer in the store willing to buy your card..give them a deal they will go for; i.e. $45 cash for $50 wal-mart plastic

3. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

dont they check your ID when you use the card though ?
    thanks

4. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

There is no way to check your ID. There is no name on the card. If you loose it, someone could pick it up and use it. The only way to get cash is to sell it to someone. If you had some way to get it here Id buy it since Im getting ready to go out there /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

5. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

Put it in the For Sale forum for like $45 shipped. Someone on here may shop there enough to make it worth it to them.

6. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Hey, Randy, I might take it off your hands when I come out there. I'm wanting to buy a PS2 game at Wal-Mart. We can just trade $50 cash for card. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

You're in luck bud.

Since I recently became an employee of Wal-Mart, I can supply you an answer.

All you have to do is buy, say, a $.20 pack of gum with the card. By law, if you request the card to be cashed out, Wal-Mart is REQUIRED to give you your money back.

Legally, the money is yours. Sure, someone else may have put the money on there, but that's not the issue. The card is now in your possession and they don't track the cards like that.

So feel free to get your $49.80 back off the card. It may be a different price for you though, seeing as how candy is no longer taxed here.

...and they said working in Sporting Goods at Wal-Mart is a bad job....they weren't lying. I HATE SELLING GUNS! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif