Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Walker Dynomax headers, Boss turbo mufflers?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by pvfjr, Feb 22, 2005.

1. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

Anyone have any experience with this stuff? I have a really crappy exhaust system with stock manifolds and leaks everywhere. I just want to replace everything at once and know that all the parts are going to fit, at least with each other. I don't know anything about collectors and all, so I figured a kit might be an easy way so save on some thinking. I just don't know about the particular components in this kit though. I probably would have it welded rather than trying to use the clamps, cause I know how that can be. This kit good enough? Anything better out there that's still cheap?

http://store.summitracing.com/default.asp?target=partdetail.asp&part=SUM%2DCBJJ102&N=4294923429+4294922451+4294908216+4294843876&autoview=sku

2. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

Someone?

3. wy4tt

wy4tt 1/2 ton status

Can't help you with fit, but my buddy put the Dynomax Super Turbos on his BBC Blazer, and they're great. They're quiet, but still make great power. He's got Thorley headers, fwiw. From what I hear, they may blow out more often, but they're cheap, quiet and flow pretty well. Good luck.

4. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

Thank's for the info. This isn't a DD, but I just want to make sure they aren't going to be more pain then they're worth anyway. Even if they're crap, at least I won't waste much money on them. Seems like they've got a decent flange thickness, and acceptable gauge on the primaries. Don't really care about finish, so whether it rusts or burns off doesn't really matter.

I'm also not going for loud and obnoxious, I'd just like a little more power, so what you've said so far sounds good. Anyone ever heard these mufflers before?

5. wy4tt

wy4tt 1/2 ton status

6. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

Well the kit comes with Boss Turbos though, I was wondering how those would be.