Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Walker Evans wins ARCA rockcrawling champs in a S-10 Blazer

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Mudzer, Jul 26, 2000.

1. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Here is a link. http://www.outdoorwire.com/4x4/news/arca00vr/ I know its not a K5, and I normally do not get involved in the smaller "Blazer" but this is cool to see something besides a Jeep or Tube Rock Buggy win.

[​IMG]
    Mudzer 1978/91 K5

2. Shawn

Shawn 1/2 ton status Premium Member Author

I love that S-10 Blazer. Almost makes me want to get the wife one so I could a similar setup!

Neil-
    Email me your day # so I can return your call from yesterday. We didn't get back till late.

Shawn
    sspickler@off-road.com

3. BigBurban

BigBurban 1/2 ton status

[​IMG] That thing's hardly a Blazer at this point. I'm told that ARCA wants to rule out the rear-steer thing next year. I personally would like to see the event stay away from the $100k rock buggies and high dollar fabbed trucks, but hey!... Money talks I guess. Here's some pics of the event. Walker's truck is in the first few shots. http://www.pirate4x4.com/trailreports/gyrcc_vernal/images/

Here's a shot of my co-worker Dan Dunaway who competes at the ARCA events. He took second place at the Farmington event in a truck he drives to work every single day. In fact, it's in the parking lot right now.

[​IMG]

<font color=blue>~BigBurban</font color=blue>
    [​IMG]

4. realsquash

realsquash 1/2 ton status

That Toyota is a REAL truck. I'd like to see the ARCA stuff put limits on the most expensive things, not the engineering. Rear-wheel steering isn't that hard/expensive to do if you do your homework, which Evans obviously did. Now I just wish it were on TV!

Squash
    http://www.trailrunners4x4.org/users/realsquash

5. Depdog

Depdog 1/2 ton status Author

Not a Blazer was an S-10 Truck

It was an S-10 truck, at least in fiberglass form anyway. It was actually a completly new fabricated chassy, made out of tube. It had the S-10 fiberglass panels on it. Had front and rear Dyna Trac Dana 60's with both of them able to steer. It also had 4 link at both ends with hydrolically controlled coil over shocks. Its not street legal, and the worst thing about it.

WALKER EVENS WON BY CHEATING! He ran over a flag, big points deduction. The judge did not see it or ignored it. It was shown to the judge and the rest of the officals on VIDEO TAPE and they still let it stand.

ARCA Can kiss my hairy bean bag if thats how they run their stuff.

Depdog

<font color=blue>"Lead, Follow, or BECOME the Trail"</font color=blue>

http://depdogsk5.coloradok5.com

6. Shawn

Shawn 1/2 ton status Premium Member Author

Re: Not a Blazer was an S-10 Truck

Wow! You still have one of those hairy bean bags from the 70's???

Doesn't suprise me about Evans. Hmmm... Goodyear sponsored the event and Evans runs Goodyear tires with a big Goodyear sticker on the side... and I'm willing to bet the Judges are getting paid by Goodyear!

Shawn

7. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Post deleted by Mudzer

8. slodawg

slodawg 1/2 ton status

S-10 blazer or fabricated metal vehicle its still more than I'll probly ever have <font color=red>(OR WANT)</font color=red> for that matter. Money,sponsers, Having to be pulled to the hill on a trailor!!! Where's the fun in that??? I'd much rather work hard and be proud of the houpty BLAZER I BUILT by myself. Hey how many times does he get to be soakin wet at 2:30 in the morning waist deep in mud wondering how your gonna get a 50ft. winch cable to a tree 60ft away. Remember once you HAVE to win, it aint fun no more.

<font color=blue>SLODAWG</font color=blue>
    http://www.slodawg.coloradok5.com

9. Rockblazer

Rockblazer 1/2 ton status

Yep thats the story I got too! He contested the scoring after the guy right behind him, Joel Randall, went up the same obstacle without knocking the flag down! If you notice, it's kinda like a trend... Goodyear sponsor.... Goodyear wins! ARCA will probably be in our neck of the woods next year. We are currently working with them to put on an event here. Yikes... hope they iron out the problems!

"You're right... I don't understand that Jeep thing!"

10. Depdog

Depdog 1/2 ton status Author

Doh, ROFLMAO, that was a good un. Nope during the 70's it was not hairy (to young).

Right back at cha.

It could be a GOODYEAR bought event.

Depdog

<font color=blue>"Lead, Follow, or BECOME the Trail"</font color=blue>

http://depdogsk5.coloradok5.com