Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Walker Valley ORV trails

Discussion in 'Blazin Trails' started by wfo163, Feb 24, 2003.

1. wfo163

wfo163 1/2 ton status

This is for anyone that wheels up in the Skagit Valley area of Washington State. The DNR is reopening the jeep trails in the Walker Valley trail system this march. One trail is open now actually, and for those familiar with the area it is the first trail behind the large gate right at the trail head. The gate exists to keep the logging trucks from accidently going down there but the Jeep Access is clearly marked not only by a wooden post but also by a vehicle proving obstacle that must be cleared. It is a very tight trail and will damage your fullsize body, but if you are like me thats all part of the fun. The trail is not to difficult and I ran it with open diffs and 40psi in the tires. Airing down would have been a better idea and would have saved me from one dent. Lots of fun obstacles and gives the suspension a good workout as there is no room to manuever on some portions of the trail. Be aware that you have to come out the same way you go in and there are only a few places that a fullsize can turn around. The trail ends at an ATV trail and their is enough space even for my truck to jockey around in, or course I looked like austin powers for a few minutes. Coming out is much easier but the last obstacle stopped a couple jeeps (he he). Anyone looking to do a run can contact me if they want a trail buddy. I would love to get the full sizers up there as the jeepers think they own it! /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif