Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

*walks into the garage carrying a 12 pack under his arm and waving hello*

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Little Giant, Mar 17, 2002.

1. Little Giant

Little Giant Registered Member

Hello from this virgin poster. I stumbled across this site some months ago looking for information, then started reading the forums more recently. I figured I would say hello, and then starting posting my endless questions.

Just to break the ice:
    I'm the webmaster for Alaska Extreme Fourwheelers (though I'm a newbie wheeler, I somehow volunteered to do the webpage), link is in my sig if you are interested.

I drive a '84 K20, currently 14FF rear and D44 front, though I bought a non running '86 crewcab for the 60 front. Tired and well worn 350, 465, 208...blah blah blah...nothing special.

I'm still building my truck (though isn't everyone?), and basically plan to drive that until I score the high mileage (low cost) 88-91 Blazer I want.

Anyway, I'll try not to ask too many stupid questions or step on any toes here as I learn how to wheel my chevy in the 49th state.

2. 86blazerk5

86blazerk5 1/2 ton status

Well welcome to the garage, and welcome to CK5. As you probably have already figured out, this place is awsome, and i garuntee, someone on hear has the answer to your questions, at leats they have answered all of mine. Nice looking K20 by the way. What lift and tires...?
    Again, welcome,
    ike

3. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Walkin in w/ a 12 pack is a guaranteed way to fit in around here!!

Welcome!

4. White Knight

White Knight 1/2 ton status

Yeah welcome and is the 12 pack /forums/images/icons/smile.gif BUD /forums/images/icons/smile.gif God I hope so.........we all need it bad /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif LOL

White Knight

5. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

I'm grabbin 2 of those beers and since your the newbie it's time for you to head back to the beer store, this 12 pack isn't gonna last long.....LOL
    Welcome

6. Little Giant

Hrm..thirsty crowd. Maybe I should price out a keg? Sorry WhiteKnight, I'm more of a Molson drinker. I think Budweiser gives the worst beer $h!ts...

Mind if I wait 'til next weekend to make the next beer run? Two feet of snow has accumulated on my truck since 3am. I"m sure I could make it to the beer store, but too lazy to dig out my truck.

7. Little Giant

Thanks. 6" Tuff Country springs f/r, 35x12.5R16.5 BFG MTs on American Racing wheels (not sure what the style name is). Tires and wheels are to get me through the winter. Planning on going to 15 or 16" wheels and swampers when the roads clear.

I also own a '90 GMC Z71. But that truck isn't as much fun and lacks character. Probably why I let myself park it for 4 months when it got a head gasket leak (used to be my daily driver).

8. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Mmmmmmmm Beer
    Welcome abord.
    Dont think there are are any stupid questions around here.
    Just stupid answers. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

9. outsider223

outsider223 1/2 ton status

Hmmm. . . kegs and lots of snow, sounds like school. I too am new to this site, read and learned alot already. I go to school in the UP of michigan, where the snow's measured in feet. I just bought a 87 k5 with a 305, 700r4 and lots of rust.

10. tori89k5

tori89k5 1/2 ton status

welcome from another Alaskan......

11. Donna

Donna 1/2 ton status

Welome!!!!!!!!!!! This is a very addictive place! ! ! !