Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Walls workwear on clearance...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jekbrown, Mar 4, 2007.

1. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I'm a big fan of Walls workwear. Sure, it may not be quite as good as Carhartt stuff, but its plenty good for the hobbyist and costs a lot less. I have had a pair of their overalls and really like them. At any rate, the wife and I were at Wallyworld today, and they had some Walls workwear on 50% off clearance.

I found a fleece-insulated, 12oz duck canvas hooded jacket there for just $25.00. :) Considering I bought a Carthartt hoodie for $45 once, thats a heck of a score. Anyway, they had a bunch of other jackets, sets of overalls etc on the same 50% off clearance. Anyone who's lookin' for some cheap work-on-the-K5-wear might wanna check their local WW. :thumb:

here is a link to Sportsman's Guide... I woulda linked to just the pic of the jacket, but it uses a wacky link. :grin: :thumb:

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=297980

j

2. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

I have had several Walls coats and insulated coveralls and bibs over the years and they always worked fine for me. Like you said for half price it's hard to pass up. To bad I'm in need of some new work boots since the current one's don't want to go for a sixth year so I figure that will be a couple hundred bucks there. So much for hitting up the sale...........

3. jekbrown

go for the bling and get some Danners dude. Mine are 13 years old and still going strong.

j

4. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

If I wanted to spend about $500+ I would get some Westco's. Guaranteed for life........

5. jekbrown

I think 2 pairs of Danners would last the rest of my life... and cost a few bucks less than $500. ;) I'm already 31. My Danners are going strong after 13 years of use/abuse.

I'd guess that they are 20 year boots, assuming you don't get the Danner factory refurb on them. 40 years from now I doubt I'll be able to lift a wrench. ;)

Maybe I'm just biased because the Danner factory is 10 miles away and the ones I have have lasted so long. ;)

anyway, everyone else... go buy some cheap workwear. :thumb:

j