Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Walmart tires

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Z3PR, Oct 15, 2002.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

2. 77Jimmy

77Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Good question...I've seen these tires as well and have wondered. Thanks for posting this topic..am anxiously awaiting some responses. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

3. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Wow, that's cool. I didn't even know Wal-mart sold tires, let alone the kind of tires we want. I would be interested to hear from someone who has them, too.
    Here's my visual diagnosis: Looks like close lug pattern for quiet on-road use/long life and not severe off-road tromping, good price, probably right in the same category as Mud Kings or Grabbers.
    Who has them...let's hear it.

4. CooknwithGas

CooknwithGas 1/2 ton status

I put them on my Christmas list. They have them in my WalMart up on the top of the shelves in the store - in sets of four. I'll let you know.

5. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Would that be the Walmart on 84th ???

7. MudbogAD

MudbogAD 1/2 ton status

Those are the same design as the BIG FOOT MT's. I had them and they were a very decent tire. They rode well and did exceptional offroad and in the mud. I'd recommend them to anyone.

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

$594.80 for (5) 35" tires isn't a bad price. Being on a bugjet, I just might have to get these.

9. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

My buddy has a set of the 35's on his Bronco, and he's real pleased. From what I've seen, they perform really well.

John

10. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

same here... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

11. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Just thought I'd bring this back up top. Still like'd to hear from anyone else that has ran these tires. Think they'd be good for use in a forest ??? The Black Hills National Forest does have some rocks, but also alot of mud. It's tuff finding tires that'll work for my needs on my budjet. Tires need to be used in the forest, aswell as on the streets. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

12. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

i have them on my truck now.work pretty good offroad.street not too loud.i have about 15 to 20 thou on mine and they are about dead.but for a off road tire i think that aignt that bad.these lasted twice as long as my last set which were bfg a/t's.so id recommend them.in mud they get clogged pretty easy but they still have good side wall grip to pull you through.rocks they work really well aired down to 20 is what i run.normal trails they are pretty good also.no sidewall puncture as of yet and have ran through glass and other parking lot debris that did not penetrate the tires.my bfg's i would get a hole just about every time i wheeled with them.

13. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I have a set of Wall marts 33" MT tires . I like them. They are good in the mud. I'v had them on the rocks. and thru some pretty extreme terrain they are holding up great. The rubber compound is a little soft so they will wear on the street but they hook up great in the dirt.
    They are susposed to be made for WM by Goodyear. They also have sidewall protection. If you are on a budget they are a good buy. I'v had mine over a year and they show little wear but I dont run them in the heat of the summer. I have been satisfied with them so far. The guys at Wally World even switch my tires/rims + balance and flat repairs for free.

14. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I'm pretty sure I'm going to get 35" tires from Walmart. That's the best price I've found on new 35" tires so far. There is a Walmart less then 7 miles from my house, so right befor I do the axle swap, I'm going to go get them and some 8 lug white wagon wheel rims. Then I'll be good to go for a year or so. That should look okay with my truck being Blue and white.

15. georgiared84

georgiared84 1/2 ton status

Man, I'm glad you brought it up. I checked with them on some 33x12.50's and they've got them on order for me. I'll go ahead and scrub them up good on some rocks and tell you if that "sidewall protection" checks out.

16. trailblazer87

trailblazer87 1/2 ton status

That's the Big O mudder pattern. A friend of mine has the BigO brand and uses the warranty all of the time. If the tire is punctured at any time while it has a street legal amount of tread on it, they will replace the tire. Sounds good to me, they were just a little more expensive than my procomps though.

17. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

18. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

They are the same as the Big O pattern. My friend's dad has a smaller set on their ranch truck (think it's a 79 Chevy) and they beat the poo out of it and they are holding up fine. He said they ride well too on the street and not too loud either, even when the truck is loaded down with lots of equipment.... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

19. oatsk5

oatsk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

hey guys if u have a big o tires in your area the tread in the pic is the same as on the xt mudder i know peps that have ran that style of tire and liked it so im thinkin thats what i want for the price . /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

20. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

35" tires for under $120.00 each, not thats a deal I can handle /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif