Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wanna convert your 2wd to 4wd?

Discussion in 'General Parts for Sale' started by thatK30guy, Sep 15, 2003.

1. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Since I can't get any interest in my '85 SWB frame, I'm offering to cut off all of the spring hangers, front engine crossmembers, and clean them all up of the rivets.
    These brackets will be all you need to convert your 2wd truck to 4wd without swapping frames or switching the body over.
    You need to supply the axles, springs, t-case and I will supply everything you need to get those parts bolted to your current 2wd truck.

$100 for all the brackets and hangers as it will take some time and grinding discs to get them removed.

2. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

Hmmmmmmm? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif
    Throw in one of those many D60s you have in the backyard and you've got a deal! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Guy down the road has a 96 crew duelly 2wd in good shape for $6000, I'm /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif!

3. thatK30guy

[ QUOTE ]
    Throw in one of those many D60s you have in the backyard and you've got a deal!

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny! I don't even have anymore 60's nor have I had any since ummm...I can't remember! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

Since the last itme you went to Corpus! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif That's cool! Just Razzen you Man!

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I had interest in that frame last year, but it was in Kans-ASS and I'm in Illinois!

6. thatK30guy

[ QUOTE ]
    I had interest in that frame last year, but it was in Kans-ASS and I'm in Illinois!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if it helps you out now, I've dropped the price from whatever I was asking last year all the way down to a cheap, cheap, cheap price unless you had something to trade. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. thatK30guy

[ QUOTE ]
    Since the last itme you went to Corpus! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif That's cool! Just Razzen you Man!

[/ QUOTE ]

I know. But those axles I got from CC were already sold before I got to pick them up. Out of the 5 I got, I only got to keep 1 D60 for myself which is underthe '88 you delivered to me. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

8. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

Hhhhmmmmm, I may be interested in this stuff. I have a 84 C20 that's a total beater and would be even funner as a 4x4 beater. I would get the stuff off the CUCV's but you saw what they look like... is this stuff less rusty? Any idea on how much shipping would be to 78409? Thx

9. thatK30guy

Robert, these brackets and hangers are way better than what I saw on those M's when we came down. They don't even have any rust flakes on them at all. Just their normal surface rust, thats it.

I can't get a shipping quote yet as I'm still working on getting the rest of the hangers off. I started the other day and still have a few more to go. I will let you know when I get them off. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

Awsome I will take them. PM me when you get em all off. Thx

11. thatK30guy

Ok, will do. Give me about a few days to get the rest of them off. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

If he doesn't take them I'd like to be next in line, that is if this stuff will work on a '68 (I'm /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif it may not /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif)

13. thatK30guy

[ QUOTE ]
    If he doesn't take them I'd like to be next in line, that is if this stuff will work on a '68 (I'm /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif it may not /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif)

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, I will keep that in mind and BTW, I think they will work because you can make them fit to where you want them to go. What I mean by this, the '67-'72 K-series front springs are shorter than the '73 on up and by using these brackets I have, you can mod them to fit and use the newer springs. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

But, as it goes, Robert gets the first shot at them. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif