Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wanna get a shop manual, is this a good one...?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Kia, Dec 9, 2002.

1. Kia

Kia 1/2 ton status

Helm shop manual - Click here...

Does anyone have one of these? if so how do you find it? and extracts that you can scan for me?

It's gonna cost me about $180, coz of the shipping and TAX, so I just wanna make sure I get a good one.

I'm looking for a manual to show me good working diagrams and so on.

Cheers peeps /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

2. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

I was wondering the same thing as you. If I search under a 90' Jimmy it cant find anything but if I search under a 90R/V Pickup/Suburban/Jimmy I get something that looks right. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

I believe thats wrong, should be an R/V manual.

I'd keep checking ebay, although I'm betting the '88-91 R/V manuals are extremely rare, since the big selling pickup was no longer part of that line, and probably reduced the need for the '88-91 manuals.

Still, $180 is insane IMO, unless you want to put it in a museum or something, I'd not pay that for something that will likely get greasy, when you can get them on ebay for $25-75 when they are there.

4. daleearnhardt01

So if I need a manual for my 90 Jimmy I need the 90 R/V/Suburban/Jimmy one right? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

5. woody9

woody9 1/2 ton status

Helm has seperate ones for GMC & Chevy. (Not sure much is different than the covers... and maybe the price??) You can search for 'em on their site linked in the earlier post.

6. woody9

woody9 1/2 ton status

I tried hunting down a set for my 91 sub, and had to settle for a 90 set. Then recently, found a complete (or so they said) 91 set, and bought it....found the missing manuals as well (but that hasn't arrived yet..). Once the dust settles from all this, I may have a set for sale (90). They are PRICEY new! (even some of the individual used books are too!!).
    Normally a Unit Repair, Wiring Diagram, Service Manual & suppliment are included. I'd also suggest hunting down the Fuel & Emissions Service Manual (including Drivability) to complete your set! /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

7. dyeager535

Yeah, along with the 3+3, 1 ton, and chassis/cab combo's.

8. Lance

Lance 1/2 ton status

I have one that I purchases about a year ago for the 88-91 R/V units produced by GMC. IMO, it is an excellent resource and includes a wealth information that is vehicle specific. Much better than the Haynes manual that tend to be a bit of a one size fits all operation. I will be in Georgia tomorrow but if you haven't received any worthwhile information by Wednesday send me a PM and I will forward you some scanned diagrams so you can get an idea whether it is right for you.

BTW, I purchased the entire set (Wiring, Unit, Repair, Fuel)from Helm and it was roughly $90.00. A bit spendy but I have gotten my money's worth, especially when I did my t-case rebuild.

9. Mr. Jimmy

Mr. Jimmy Registered Member

I can put the RV manual on CD for you, if you send a CD and return postage.This is in pdf format.

10. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

Are you willing to do that for anyone that would send you a CD or just him.
    PLEEEEEEEEEEASE.
    /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

11. scrappyk5

scrappyk5 1/2 ton status

i could use one too /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif. pretty please with 90w on top!

12. Nitrodrip350

Nitrodrip350 1/2 ton status

I bought a manual off of Ebay a while back and it was the actual dealership copy. It has a ton of info and has been a great resource.
    I checked on Ebay and I think this may be the same thing ...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1874265099

Doesn't say much about it but it looks like the same animal (cept for all the perdy bowties!)

Somebaody tell me if I'm off track here please, don't want him buying the wrong manual!!!

Later Shane /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

13. woody9

woody9 1/2 ton status

i think that one is a part of the 'set', and i'd guess they may change the covers slightly year by year. But they are a WEALTH of info!

14. Kia

Kia 1/2 ton status

15. daleearnhardt01

Im asking for the R/V/P ( /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif) one for Christams. That one has the wiring diagrams/ unit overhaul and the other stuff for 90 /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

16. Kia

Kia 1/2 ton status

The ones I quoted above seem to be the same (all have three books) but they have different names and codes for the books.

1989 C/K Truck Shop Manual Kit - ST37589K
    1989 R/V/G/P Truck Shop Manual Kit - ST33089K

/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I really need to make sure coz I'm in England UK and it's gonna cost me LOADS to ship it over, so if I get the wrong one it'll cost me F$£! loads to send back /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I have emailed them but I got a standard mail back "yes we have them in stock" WHAT KIND OF ANSWER IS THAT??? /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Kia.

17. dyeager535

Look for posts saying what your model year Blazer is considered. The '88-up C/K is the "new" body style.

The 81-87 C/K manuals are all ST330xx, so that would be the one I'd choose. But check previous posts on this board, I'm sure you'll find the year break down for the C/K/R/V stuff.