Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

wanna go to a bigger tire what size do you think?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by nmud2deep, May 15, 2006.

1. nmud2deep

nmud2deep Registered Member

here is the deal...i have an 86 k5 with 3/4ton running gear,3inch body and a 4 inch sus.lift, fenders trimed a bit and running 37x13.50x15 procomp xtr with no problem even when fixed out.....i want to go either to a 39.50x13.50 iroc or a 38x15.50 .....anyone running the same set up with these tires or size? has anyone heard anything good or bad about the iroc radial??? what is the cheapest place to get them???
    http://streetsource.com/viewownerprofile.aspx?profileid=14832

2. K5Greek

K5Greek 1/2 ton status

you could probably fit them but you may need to trim some more because youll probably rub at full flex

3. ivie29

ivie29 1/2 ton status

The irocs work very well. I dont have the radials but Im sure they will do well also. I have the 39.5s on my 1ton with a 6 inch suspension lift and under full flex I would hit fender for sure if they werent trimmed.Oh, and from what Ive seen they dont like the highway very much.

4. nmud2deep

i have had many different tire brands from dunflop to bfg to goodyear mtr and now i have procomp xtr and in my opinion the best tire is the good year mtr....i would like to know more about how the irocs ride on the street becasue my blazer is my daily driver and i know they have to ride better that the piece of crap tires i have on there now...they cause my truck to have a death wabble....and i have spent alot of money replaceing parts on my front end thinking it was something else

5. roadnotca

roadnotca 3/4 ton status

What brand of crap is on there now? I hadn't thought of the tires being part of DW.

6. nmud2deep

i have a set of the 37x13.50x15 procomp xrt i think it has to do with the side walls on the tires and the air pressure i used