Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wanna Know bout some random stuff

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Chevy305, Mar 1, 2006.

1. Chevy305

Chevy305 6 Lug 14bsf Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?catalogId=10002&storeId=10001&categoryId=76656&parentCategoryId=10763&langId=-1
    Check this out, its a carbed LS2 Crate engine. What do you guys think of it?
    Just curious, would the LS2 bolt up to the 465 bellhousing?

Also if I were to ditch the tired 305 for a big block:smirk: is there anything I would need specifally that would differ from a small block? (I have no experience with big blocks only mousy motors)

And lastly is there any difference between a regular 14 bolt rear and a duelly 14 blot rear? I can easily get a hold of a 14 bolt duelly rear and was wondering if it just the hubs that are different, and how to make it a normal 14 bolter.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2006
  2. Big89Burban

Big89Burban 1/2 ton status

I used to work on camaro/corvette (LS1) mostly and I have seen multiple guys with turbo 350's & 400 trannies in there cars. So there must be and easy way to bolt up the 465. If you get that LS2 all you need is a bigger cam/headers and I bet $$$ you would see damn near 500hp. :D

3. Chevy305

I thought the cam seemed a little small. Plus, who really likes manifolds?

4. roadnotca

roadnotca 3/4 ton status

Must be nice having lots-o-money:haha:

5. Chevy305

Wanna Know

Surely someone can answer the other questions.

6. tarussell

tarussell 1/2 ton status

Give more info on which 14FF you are thinking about using - what year ? what application did it come from ( Cab Chassis - wide or narrow / Fleetside ?
    For the most part the SRW & DRW hubs are interchangeable but the backing plate flange will be way too far away and will need some fab work.

As far as SBC to BBC it will bolt up with no problems but you may want to use a harder durometer rubber motor mount or the aftermarket ones.
    You may have crossmemeber to fuel pump clearance issues ( some factory BBC engines motor mount bells/cradles are slightly taller.
    just about all accessory brackets are different ( I am assuming that you are using older "V" belt type brackets ) . Make sure you are using the correct flywheel/flexplate for what ever BBC you choose.

Tom

7. Chevy305

The 14 bolt is out of a 87 Chevy dually pickup. I don't know much more about it.