Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Want a Corvette to rebuild ???

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by Z3PR, Feb 23, 2004.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

2. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

Might be easier to buld it into a K5 than to return it to a Corvette...

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Consittering it sold for only $500.00, I think it would have been a good deal.

4. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

No, it's an '86. For the price of parts to rebuild it back to original and the amount of time you'd put in, you would be better off buying one in good condition.

It's like buying a $10,000 diamond ring for $100 because it doesn't have the diamond.

5. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    No, it's an '86. For the price of parts to rebuild it back to original and the amount of time you'd put in, you would be better off buying one in good condition.

It's like buying a $10,000 diamond ring for $100 because it doesn't have the diamond.

[/ QUOTE ]

I could go a couple of ways on this...

/forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif AS Corvettes go, $500 is probably a good price for a title alone. So if you had one that was rebuildable that had a junk title... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif Complete Street Rod or Gutted Out Dragstrip Monster.

/forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif Put it on a K5 frame and gut it out. Collect rough body panels over the years and Rhino Line them. I know some people hate car bodies on 4x4 chassis, but I think some of them are cool if done nicely. Not very practical for trails though because of lack of room for gear and tools.

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] But for $500.00, + shipping, I think I could part out whats left and easily double or tripple my money. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

7. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

True, but I was basing my reply on your subject title; "Want a Corvette to rebuild???"

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    True, but I was basing my reply on your subject title; "Want a Corvette to rebuild???"

[/ QUOTE ]Might have been a fun 10 year prodject.

9. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Yeah, and by the time it's done, you'd have a classic 'vette. /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

10. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Yeah, and by the time it's done, you'd have a classic 'vette. /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ] I've got a 81 in storage that I need to put back together one of these days. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif