Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Want Dana.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by RoknRollr, Apr 2, 2003.

1. RoknRollr

RoknRollr Registered Member

I'm looking for a Dana 60 for my 73-91 'burban. New customs are out of my $range. Anyone know of a fine salvage/builder that stocks these used? /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

2. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I'm looking for a Dana 60 for my 73-91 'burban. New customs are out of my $range. Anyone know of a fine salvage/builder that stocks these used? /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, lots of them.

We could be a little more helpful if you could let us know where you live.

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. RoknRollr

The truck is in San Jose CA right now.

4. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Bruhahaha. In the Bay? Good luck.

Santa Clara Truck Wreckers is good -- somebody else (Zakk?) mentioned them the other day... apparently they work on trucks too, didn't know that.

I wouldn't expect to find a D-60 cheap out here though.

Welcome aboard, btw, fill out your profile so's we know where you are and what you drive, and greetings from the East bay!

-- A

5. One_Ton_k5

One_Ton_k5 1/2 ton status

Try ebay.

6. b454rat

b454rat 1/2 ton status Premium Member

There is a yard here that has one for $1100 I think, and they might have more, that might need additional parts. Where I got mine from, needed the rotors out, for $500.

7. RoknRollr

YA The bay sucks when it comes to prices.

If you're on the EastBay you might know a truck salvage place I've been trying to find. Its in Hayward or Union City - I can't remember.

Thanks. I called Santa Clara awhile back, they didn't have anthing.
    /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

8. RoknRollr

I've been checking Ebay - but shipping... dang. I'd rather see it myself and put the money into 35 splines!

It looks like best route tho.

9. RoknRollr

Let me know if you find out more.

10. One_Ton_k5

One_Ton_k5 1/2 ton status

I just had mine shipped fron san fransisco to st paul minnesota for $120

Not to bad for me, I got the axle for $625 but it needs everything from the spindles out.

I'm ok with it. Plus I like that all the outer parts will be brand new.

11. Flexy K20

Flexy K20 1/2 ton status

HERE\'S ALL THE INFO YOU NEED

Alright I live in Woodaside (Redwood City) I had been looking for a front 60 for a couple years now. I finally got one ($700) not bad! There is a place in the East Bay called Triple A Truck, Van & SUV parts. Call 411 for the number. It's in either Newark, or Fremont. They said that they have a hotline that's connected to over 500 salvage yards across the country and they could get me one in a couple weeks. They said it would be between $1000-1200 but they can definitly get them. I would check them out if I were you. Or just keep checking on ebay. Hope I could help.
    -fLeXy K20

12. Flexy K20

Flexy K20 1/2 ton status

Do NOT use Santa Clara Truck wreckers!

I absolutly will not do businnes with them. They completly screwed over my friend. and would do nothing to help him. We brought his 205 down there for a rebuild and they said it would be done for sure in a week or less. It had to be done because he was going to a 4x4 event the coming weekend. So he is supposed to pick it up on tuesday, 1 week form when we dropped it off. He called them monday to verify that it was done, and the guy said he would check and call him back. Never got a call. So my friend calls him tuesday morning and says I am coming to get my t-case today, is that ok. The guy says "yeah you can come and get it, but its not done." So we go down there and they had not even touched it, it had sat out in the rain for a week. They never called him to let him know that they wernt going to be able to do it. Nothing. So he could not go to the event, and then he called up Steve at ORD and ordered a new complete case. Funny thing is; they were gonna charge him $870 for the rebuild, and the complete new case was $950. Anyways do NOT give them any business.
    -fLeXy K20