Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Want To Fit 44's

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dunehopper502, Aug 11, 2005.

1. dunehopper502

dunehopper502 Registered Member

Right Now I Have A 6" Suspension With A 3" Body On My 1990 Full Blazer With 38's How Much Higher Do I Have To Go Without Killin The Body With A Sawzall Possibly Thinking Of Adding Shackles For The Front And A Flip Kit For The Rear Or Just Add More Leaves
    Help Is Greatly Appreciated Thanks Brandon

2. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Since your body has already been killed by rust, don't be afraid of the sawzall :D

3. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

It all depends on what you want to do with the truck. 6" susp. and 3" body is already a high cog imho. I would just cut it to fit them. If you are opposed to that idea and dont plan on doing any rock crawling with it, go up a few more inches. Do yourself a favor though and get rid of that 3" body lift. Body lifts are junk and do not belong on anyones vehicle imo. Take the 3" body off, add a flip in the rear, some 6" front springs with longer shackles, zero rates, and a little fender chop and you should be good to go. You will probably have to cut out the inner fenders though because mine rubs on 6" with 37's. But my setup is somewhat flexy. 10" wont be flexy at all.
    -Harrison

4. dunehopper502

I Live In Michigan But Bought The Truck From South Carolina Which Was Garage Kept At A Summer Home So Its Actually Really Clean....
    Otherwise I Wouldnt Care About The Sawzall

5. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

So are you saying you don't want to cut it at all or just a little or what?

If you don't want to cut it then go ahead and order a 12" kit. To fit 44's without cutting is going to take all the lift you can buy and it still might rub the back of the front fenders while wheeling.

6. dunehopper502

im willin to cut som,e just not hog it out unless possibly get the bushwhacker cut out flares? at least that will give a clean look