Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Want to introduce myself, and get something off my chest

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Uncle Fester, Apr 29, 2006.

1. Uncle Fester

Uncle Fester 1/2 ton status

Hello all,
    I wanted to take a minute and introduce myself and my truck, and also get something off my chest...hope no one minds...too much.:bow:
    First off, I am John Wolfskill, aka Uncle Fester, age 37 and I am married. I have three wonderfull daughters, ages 3,6, and 11, the youngest two are handicapped. I am a "stay at home daddy" thanks to a stupid driver 6 years ago.:mad:
    Now for my truck, I just recently purchased a 1978 Chevrolet 4x4 Suburban, that is basically totally stock. It has a 350ci with a quadrajet, SM-465 transmission, NP-205 transferrcase, 10 bolt front and 12 bolt rear axles with 3.73s and Discoverer LT 265/75/16 tires on stock type steel rims.
    Plans for the truck include the following, a new engine (GM crate 350) with better cam/intake/carb, true dual exhaust with glasspacks, better clutch, cut out flairs, 2" all spring lift, either 33" or 35" tires on 15x8or10 "Soft8" rims, rock slider side rails, and tube prerunner style bumpers.
    Useage for my truck will be mainly a daily driver, atleast untill gas hits 7.50/gallon :doah: , with some weekend offroading/camping with the family. Most of the off roading will be limited to "Green" or "Blue" rated trails and some mild "Black" ones too, mainly around Ft.Collins and Cheyenne. As I live in Cheyenne, I deal with alot of red clay type of greasy mud and icey snow in the winter, and being a daily driver I log about 30-35K a year on the road too.
    Well, that about covers me and my truck, if you have any suggestions, please post them for me here or e-mail me at Unc_fester2001@yahoo.com .
    Now for what I need to get off my chest...I have seen alot of griping about us "FREE MEMBERS" and how we should buy a low-cost membership so we can see all the pictures or whatever, and I agree..I WOULD be better off if I did join, and I will, someday. The reason I don't join right now is I do not have a credit card, or the spare 20 or 30 dollars right now. My family earns less then 20K a year, including the S.S.I. for the kids, so money is VERY tight for us...we make our bills each month, and eat 3 meals a day, but beyond that...you get the idea. I am on this site because I want to meet, and be around like minded people who enjoy what I do, my 4x4, but I really do not want to be reminded that I am close to flat broke in the process.
    Any way, sorry If I offended anyone with that last part, but I had to say something, because not all of us with free memberships are doing it just to be cheap, we are doing it because we just do not have the money right now.

2. broc944

broc944 1/2 ton status

Your font is small. Be that as it may hello and welcome.

3. smalltowncowboy

smalltowncowboy 1/2 ton status

dont worry

not all of us can buy a truck and tear into it and drop a new engine, dana 60, dual cases, and all the bells and whistles. (i know i cant) im going to be moving to cheyenne here in a couple months. hope to see you on the trails.

4. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

welcome aboard. I hope you enjoy the best web site there is. Hopefully some day you'll be a full member... it wouldn't cost 1/100th as much as that new crate engine will. :grin:

j

5. Paxx

Paxx 1/2 ton status

Welcome to the site and I hope you find everything you're looking for. You shouldn't have to worry about any of the members who read this post harrassing you about not being able to afford your membership. Most of the people on this site are good folks who are here to help out like minded people. Have fun and good luck

6. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I feel your pain. I'm a single dad now waiting to be finalized on our divorce and understand what you're going thru living on one income. I get paid once a month at my job and have to budget myself. But its not so bad that I can't budgetize myself dollar for dollar.
    I know once we are final, I will be able to refinance my home to get the mortgage payments cheaper and will have extra money left over then. I will also be "free" to finally start selling the many items and parts I have taped up in boxes ready to ship once I find buyers here or on eBay. This has been my side business to gain extra income.
    I know life will get much better once we are done. I'm already a much happier person and just can't wait to be free for good that I can finally get out to meet and hit up on other ladies as I've been doing this the right way instead of whoring myself out like my wife did.
    Anyways, just for the sake of allowing you to enjoy the rest of this site with a full membership, I will gladly pay for your membership right now. Let me know and I will get ahold of Steve or one of the moderators and get this site opened up for you to get your truck built. :waytogo:

7. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Cool deal Wes! :bow: :bow:

You'll have to do it through Steve though, the mod's really have nothing to do with the membership side of the site.

Rene

8. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Thanks Rene. I will wait to hear back from Uncle Fester to get the ok from him and then contact Stevie. I've already got my card out ready to go. :wink1: :D

9. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Wes, what a guy. After reading his post i was going to suggest that we all get together and pay for a membership for him. Looks like you're going the full mile though and doing it yourself. Right now i'm in a tight spot myself for the next month or so otherwise i would help you along with this.

10. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

:waytogo: Still a stand up guy.

On a side note. The money you save on parts and the discounts from a membership is well worth the money for all you guys thinking about one. I made over $2,700 last year just off of CK5.

11. smalltowncowboy

way to go man, kinda wish id of thought of that but i have my own financial issues right now and a funeral to deal with.

12. jaros44

jaros44 1/2 ton status

I would like to split the membership fees with you if you wouldn't be offended. I hate to see decent people down on their luck, any way things are good for my family right now and I would like to help him out also. just PM me and let me know. Later J.

13. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Wes <---- :bow: x eleventy-billion!

j

14. Uncle Fester

Uncle Fester 1/2 ton status

Oh My GOD !

I can not beleive the out pouring of good feelings you guys have given me and my family...:bow: It is enough to almost make me cry....THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!! ! I really apriciate the offers to pay my membership, but me and the wife have talked about it, and if someone lives near me here in Cheyenne, I can give them the cash for the cost if they will put it on their card for me. E-mail me at my yahoo address and we will go from there. I would love to meet some of you , all of you, face to face some time soon. I do get down to Denver about twice a month, thornton area, and also stop in FtCollins at times too. Maybe we could plan a picnic one weekend where we can all meet/greet, do some wheelin and EAT!

John Wolfskill aka "Uncle Fester"
    Cheyenne Wyoming
    unc_fester2001@yahoo.com

15. sledheadak

sledheadak 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

glad to see there are still decent people in this world.they are few and far between.:bow: :bow: and welcome to the board uncle fester lots of great info here.

16. smalltowncowboy

im going to be moving to cheyenne in september sometime to start school. so if you need some help working on your burb. if i have the time id be glad to help. will need someone to wrench with in a new place :saweet:

17. jaros44

jaros44 1/2 ton status

Decent Folk

Dude I'll Email you and give me your addy. I don't get out to cheyenne never, heck I don't even know where it is!! Ask away all your questions you want, good deals in the classified as well. God be with you and your family

18. sarasotausmc

sarasotausmc 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Welcome to the site. Look, listen and learn here. Whether you get a membership or not, this is the place to do the SMART things to your truck. Being here has saved me time, money and heartache for what I wanted and the direction I actually took.

19. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

Welcome fester, glad to have you :thumb:

Outstanding Wes, .. out-freaking-standing :waytogo:

20. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

I think Capman is still in Cheyenne. If He's on tonight I'll get Him over to this post.