Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Want to put 3/4 ton 14ff into 1 ton chassis. Will it work?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Klink K5, Sep 3, 2004.

1. Klink K5

Klink K5 1/2 ton status

Ok first of all I know the spring perches are diffrent and so are the shock mounts. Anyone cut them off and welded them back on with sucess or is it a nightmare. Seems to me everyone is throwing 1 ton rear axles in 1/2 and 3/4 ton stuff, what did you do to the stuff you cut off or did you reuse it? Let me know, Klink Just dont like /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif stuff up like that /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

2. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

No biggie just grind the welds and wack it with a BFH and they pop off. I have a 2wd 14bff and the shock mounts hung way down. took alost a half hour to move them /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. boz42

boz42 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

i have never had much luck getting them off w/out tearing them up, but idon't have any patience

4. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

I've pretty much destroyed every set I've cut off.

5. k204dr

k204dr 1/2 ton status

the other option is to score the 1ton spring hangers to mount on your frame. thats the only difference. they move the springs in 1/2 inch on each side to clear dually wheels.

6. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

destroying my set in the process right now. there is a 1/8th inch space in between i cut into between the axle housing and perch and use bfh and screwdrivr to get them off in the middle. good luck a PITA if you aske me, would have left them if I hadn't hacked them so much before i knew what i was doing. Good luck going to dinish mine tomorrow once the liquor wears foff. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif