Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Want to put a 4" on a '78 K5

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by schef37, May 23, 2002.

1. schef37

schef37 Newbie

Want to put a 4\" on a \'78 K5

I am buying a 78 K5 and want to put on a 4" lift. I would like to know if anyone makes a COMPLETE System for this and which companies are the best. I would like to use new springs front and rear for the lift, no blocks, it has to be bulletproof. I also plan on running 33" BFG radial all-terrains. It will be a daily driver year around and heavy use in the winter with a snow plow. It will not see much off road use but will be used to plow so the lift kit has to be strong. I don't want parts from here and there just everything in one box everything I need to do the lift (if possible). If this is not possible can you point me in a direction to get the most complete available? Thanks

2. buick528

buick528 Registered Member

Re: Want to put a 4\" on a \'78 K5

superlift ,skyjacker,rancho.check out offroad design they have some good lift options.

3. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Tuff Country has a compleat system front and rear springs with shocks you can get them in either easy ride or heavy duty springs.

4. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

I've got 33x12.5s on My 78 with no lift at all. Maybe all you need is an add-a-leaf for the plow.. I used mine in heavy snow for two months and had no problems at all.

5. 78Jimmyish

78Jimmyish 1/2 ton status

I wouldn't put a 4" lift on if you're planning on plowing. 2" at most. And go with one of the stiffer kits (Rancho or Rough Country.) I plowed with no lift and 31's but a small lift and 33's would be cool too. The higher you are, the more strain that big lever arm is going to put on parts.