Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Want to switch automatic to manual

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by chvyblzr1977, Jan 19, 2002.

1. chvyblzr1977

chvyblzr1977 Registered Member

Hi all i have a 77 4x4 blazer with a 350 tranny and engine.Its a automatic and i want to switch it to a manual i know this can be done and i want to know what has to be done to do it.Do you have to change the driveshaft i know you have to change transfer cases.Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. mike reeh

mike reeh 1/2 ton status

you need the tranny, bellhousing & components, pedals, linkage, adapter for the t-case, diff. length driveshafts, and you'll have to move your crossmember(s) and you'll either need a new inspection cover (tranny hump) or you'll have to really modify your existing one..

I am doing a manual to auto conversion on a 77 truck that im building up and I have everything you could possibly need if you might be interested in buying the entire package.. I have pics, etc.. send me a PM/email if you're interested.. Im in so-cal

btw its a SM465+NP205 combo in excellent condition, no mechanical problems whatsoever.. I also have matching 3.73 dana44 & 12bolt if you're so inclined (or anyone for that matter) (blatent plug)

mike