Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Want your opinions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by onlychevy6, Mar 4, 2006.

1. onlychevy6

onlychevy6 1/2 ton status

If you had the chance to get a full blown navigation system that was also a dvd, cd, am fm. Touch screen stereo/ navigation system would you buy one? I can get one for 1400.00 and would mount it in the center of the dash. Just remove one of the heater ducts and outlets.

2. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I could think of a lot better things to spend 1400 bucks on...........
    Er........... Unless I was putting it in a boat.
    Kinda useless on a land vehicle. unless you are really into electronic toys or cant find your way around and have to impress someone:dunno: Bling! Bling!

3. onlychevy6

i was kinda leaning on not getting it. But the ole lady likes it. she gets lost easy. and wants to drive the blazer sometimes. LOL...

4. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

I'll sell you a damn Thomas Guide for $14 and you can go buy her a nice gift and still have money left over to put into the truck.:doah:

Tell Cathy I say HI!!!!

5. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Tom. Tom.] 600 bucks. it even tells you where to go.sticks right on your windsheild. Garmin makes a vehicle nav systems starting around 200.
    you dont need to spend 1400 to be told where to go:D Hell ....my Ol lady tells me where to go all the time for free:haha:

6. onlychevy6

That is Funny right there... I was telling her yesterday about a hand held unit...

Este. She said hello to you as well and when can you guys get together again. For some reason she really injoyed her self when she was with you....:haha:

7. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

yeah... if I had a D60, linked suspension, doubler, high end shafts, kick azz roll cage, 502, nice trans etc first, and I had $1400 that I didn't know what to do with, then I might consider it. ;)

Can't you get cheaper ones with less bells and whistles? I mean, if getting lost is the only thing to be avoided... all that dvd blah blah blah bling can be skipped on... right?

j

8. mtnman210

mtnman210 1/2 ton status

If this was going in something that never saw the dirt and was used for long drives then maybe it'd be nice to have the dvd stuff. but I'm with Est. throw in a thomas guide or get a little handheld gps unit...they've gotten pretty reasonably priced. and I already made the mistake of putting a nice face unit in my truck. It lasted maybe a year before it was full of dust,dirt,sand. If she's set on being able to watch movies why not look into a portable dvd player.

If you went all handheld stuff you could probably get the same type of stuff she wants(maybe just not as nice) for half the price. and you'd have the conviniece of being able to use it in any vehicle.

9. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

Any time she wants to leave you at home and come over is fine with me. Maybe I'll PM you some pointers wo she can "ENJOY" herself with you too.;)

10. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Portable DVD, Portable GPS, CD for the Blazer and you will still have $500 or more in your pocket.