Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wanted: 12-bolt posi rear end - DFW or around

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by chevy_muscle, Jan 6, 2005.

1. chevy_muscle

chevy_muscle 1/2 ton status

Ok, the jerk that sold my 69 K5 to me said it was a posi.... well, I soon found out that it really is an open rear.

I'm looking to get both wheels spinning on this thing, and this is a daily-driver for me.

I'm thinking I would like a complete posi rear that would just bolt right up, but would consider other options...... I'm pretty much a newbie so I don't know all the options..... but as far as that goes remember that this is a daily driver.

Must be 3.07 or 3.73 gears.

..... I'm sure some of you guys that have upgraded to 14-bolt have their 12-bolts they want to get rid of. ;)

Thanks and if you want to email me: ChevyMuscle454ss(REMOVE_THIS_PART)@yahoo.com

2. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

69 Blazer, huh... nice find!:waytogo:

Pretty sure that the 69-72's have a different spring perch width than all the others. So you'd have to find a rear axle out of that year range... or just weld on some perches on a 73-91 axle.

.... and speaking of that, I have a 30 spline 10b rear that came from an 89 Burb that I'm trying to sell... It has 3.73 and a limited slip.

Marv

3. chevy_muscle

Thanks Marv.

I would not want to go to a 10-bolt, I would rather stay 12-bolt if I can. I guess I would consider a 14-bolt if one came around cheap enough.

4. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

I have a 12-bolt sitting under my DD 72 blazer that I will be pulling out here shortly... 3.07's and no posi.

I also have a 12b from a 74 burb with (I think) 3.42's but you would have to move or weld new perches

-Ryan
    PM me if interested

5. bayou blazer

bayou blazer 1/2 ton status

I have one out of my 78 Jimmy that has all new brakes, 3.08 gears and a Gov-loc diff. If you are interested in moving the spring pads, I will give you a very good deal on it! I am located around Baton Rouge but have friends in DFW area and may arrange a shipment. Let me know.
    Jeff

6. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

Hey I have something you might be interested in.
    I know I am far but if you are willing to do some work, I have a 3.08 geared 12 bolt with a eaton Limited slip. I will not consider shipping the whole axle, unless you want to pay shipping. I want $20 (for the trouble of packing it for shipping) for the axle plus shipping but I would take out the carrier and gears and ship them to you for $50 ( for the time I spend pulling it appart) plus the shipping.
    Let me know.

7. bigred81

bigred81 1/2 ton status

I think I have a 3.08 posi 12 bolt out of a 1969 1/2 ton 4wd for $150. If interested leave me a pm. I am about 3 hours away from you.

bigred81

8. chevy_muscle

I'm not sure how I missed your post, but yes, I might be interested in that.

I sent you a PM.

..... still looking (would prefer 3.73 but 3.07s would be ok too)