Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wanted :3/4 Axles to swap in

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by bluecollarjock, Nov 25, 2006.

1. bluecollarjock

bluecollarjock 1/2 ton status

Hi,
    Looks like I am looking for the standard like everyone else on here. 3/4 ton axxles with better gearing. Just purchased an 86 with 8" suspension lift, 36x15.50x15 Baja Claw radials, but the stock axles and gears...its a SLUG big time....I am trying to learn the lingo and what axles best swap into the K5 without major labor as I am a complete mechanical numbskull with no tools living in a city with no place to work on it. I may end up paying big bucks for install in the end.

So, anyone near DC in the next few months who might come up with some 3/4 axles with 4.10 or 4.56 that would swap into my 86 without major hassles and need for tons of additional parts, please let me know. On a limited budget especially this year with having a work related injury and on light duty...once I get healthy in the spring or summer Ill be able to work SWAT overtime and try to recoup some of this years losses. For this K5 looks like I need to fix an oil leak, fix some rear brake leaks possibly, reroute exhaust, and then figure out the gearing slug issues!!!

If you happen to live in the area, and have any children in middle/high school or college athletics, I can swap training sesssions for help with parts or installation. I have 7 years experience as a Division I college strength and conditioning coach, as well played at a top D-IA and D-IAA school myself so have time in the trenches. Its about the only thing I can think of swapping that normally costs alot!

God Bless
    Matt

http://www.uploadpics.net/image/82.jpeg

http://www.uploadpics.net/image/79.jpeg

2. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

10 bolt 8 lug front with NEW rotors, NEW backing plates, reman calipers and all new bearings/seal/balljoints. WITH the crossover knuckle. 2 wheel steering box and pitman arm. Open carrier with 5.13's AND 3/4 ton 14FF with NEW detroit locker and 5.13's NEW disc brakes, and reman calipers. NEW custom made stainless front/rear brake hoses. 1,000.00

3. bluecollarjock

bluecollarjock 1/2 ton status

4. b454rat

b454rat 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Got some 3/4 tons, need some work, but $250 for the pair. HD44 front and HD60 rear, both 4.10 open.