Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wanted...3.73 gears for 1/2 T 10 bolts

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by shane74, Apr 12, 2004.

1. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

I want to put 3.73's in my '87 /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif It'll never run bigger than 33's and the 3.07's are just too tall for them. especially with the OD. Anybody got a set kickin' around?

2. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

I have a front 10 bolt with 3.73's already set up. $75 for the housing with gears in it and a cover /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Just bolt it in and put your knuckles out on it for a lot less than setting up new gears.

Still need a windshield? I still have one kicking around and a friend of mine that recently passed away had a brand new one in his storage shed that his family is looking to clean out.

3. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

How did I KNOW you would have something! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

I'll take it...as soon as I can sneak $75 out of the bank account when the wife has her back turned! /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Can you wait till the 1st of the month? I really want/need to change the gears in it. You wouldn't be interested in a 12 bolt, welded diff, with 5.13's would you? It's a GM 12B that has been narrowed for a jeep.

If I had the $$ I'd just swap my D44 and 12B (they are 3.73's) from my /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif into the /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif and go 1 ton on the /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif Too many mods...not enough $$ /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Yes, I still need a windsheild for the /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif, but I don't know how to install one. That's been my biggest hold up. How much for the glass and an install lesson? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

4. J.R.

J.R. Guest

i have a 10 bolt rear with 3.73 and a gm posi unit. 275 for everything including the housing if you want it or i can pull out the guts.

5. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

I have a set of 3.73 gears for a 10 bolt in really good shape, and I also have a Auburn Posi for it as well. Let me know.

Dan