Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wanted - 38.75" (static) fixed yoke drive shaft with 1310s

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by BadDog, Nov 6, 2003.

1. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Feb 24, 2001
    Wanted - 38.75\" (static) fixed yoke drive shaft with 1310s

Well, we finally have my son’s K5 about ready to drive. Still lots to do, but at least it should be functional enough for him to safely drive to work and school. The only remaining thing we need is a local (Phoenix area) rear drive shaft so that he can drive it till we get the C14FF installed. I don't want him to have to pay for a "real" shaft and only run it for a few months. Ideally, it would be nice if we can find something that is close that he can get for cheap (or borrow) till he can afford to finish the 3/4 ton upgrade. I figured, “What the heck, doesn’t hurt to ask”. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

So, what he needs is a shaft that will connect up with a 38.57 static length. For reference, this goes between a Th400/NP205 and a 12 bolt. Doesn’t have to be perfect length wise, it just needs to run for a few months without vibrating too badly or falling apart on the road. It currently has 1310s on both ends, but will run 1350s when we upgrade the axle. If I can’t find something for him to use, I’ll just retube it and balance it best I can.

TIA. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif