Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wanted:58-64 chev/pontiacs

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by FastEddy, Nov 4, 2001.

1. FastEddy

FastEddy 1/2 ton status

Looking for any 58-64 chev/canadian pontiacs in manitoba, western ontario, upper minnesota....looking for restorable, projects, or parts cars...do not have to be complete, i don't care if it's sitting in the middle of the field...or if it's a 2dr. 4dr. or wagon....there's always something i can use off them....hate to see them end up rotting away somewhere or at the crusher.....email me with info, a pic would be a bonus, location and price....thanks..... email me at fasted@mb.sympatico.ca

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Don't most of the Canadian Pontiacs of that era come with the Chev motors instead of the more desirable Pontiac motors?

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/project_T2> tRusty pics...</a>

3. FastEddy

FastEddy 1/2 ton status

Yes, they do....and the canadian pontiacs have the same x-frame as the chevs, the american pontiacs do not....disc brake conversions, chassis parts both stock and aftermarket are way more readily available and cheaper for the chevs...which makes the canadian pontiacs easier to restore or modify....even the canadian pontiacs names are different...Parisienne, Parisienne Custom Sport, Laurention, Strato-Chief in Canada...Catalina, Grand Prix, Bonneville etc in the USA...as for desireable engines...I prefer the Chevs-283-327-348-409 in those years, along with the 6cyl's...but I'm mainly looking for the parts of these cars like tilt columns, buckets/consoles, any ss or custom sport trim and emblems, factory tachs, reverb units, power windows, power steering/brakes, anything convertible related (latches, top motor/cyls, lines, good top frames, quarter glass trim, and any bumpers/trim/grill assblys that are nice/useable/restorable, along with good body panels (hard to find here)....I usually don't buy individual parts unless they are very rare or nice...I like buying the whole car, or what's left anyway....I piece together quite a few cars and sell them as projects or restorable....and the odd one I'll put together as a driver when I can find a decent shell...floors are usually the worst in these x-frame cars, as well as frame rot....anyway, I'm rambling on.....later...ED