Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wanted: 6.2/700/208 combo

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by AussieK5, Sep 10, 2006.

1. AussieK5

AussieK5 1/2 ton status

I'm after a high milage, suit rebuild, 6.2/700/208 combo to be delivered to a international shipping yard in LA.

Preferably I'd like a non smog combo out of a recently running truck.

Prompt dollars for the right parts.

cheers

Jason

2. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

I have the 700R4/NP208 but I'm keeping the 6.2L and putting a manual transmission behind it. The tranny still drives, but slips in reverse and won't go into overdrive right now. I pulled the pan and found a lot of metal in the pan so it will need rebuilt. Many of the tranny pan bolts were stripped out as well and will need helicoils.

I had also arranged to pickup a free core 700R4 in Portland that I haven't had a chance to get to yet and won't be needing now as well. This one needs to be rebuilt as well, but might be a better start than the tranny I have now.

I do have another motor that quit running in a friends 1983 GMC truck that I will be getting in a couple weeks. Motor ran good for him then quit starting one day. My guess is the injector pump failed, but rather than fixing it he bought another truck. I'm getting half the truck on a trade.

I think I have the parts your looking for, but I'm near Seattle, WA instead. If there was a port to drop them off at up here I could ship out of Seattle. Could make you a good deal on a motor, 2 tranny's (probably need both to make one good one) and a good NP208 with all the misc parts needed for all of it.

3. AussieK5

AussieK5 1/2 ton status

The companies I'm dealing with are all shipping ex LA, none of the east coast Aussie importers operate out of anywhere else. If I cant find anything local to that area I'll explore all other options.

Thanks, I'll keep your offer in mind.

Jason

4. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

I'm sure its possible to get stuff shipped via truck to the LA terminal, but would expect it to add unnessisary cost to what your doing. Let me know if you need my help though.