Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wanted 6 lug hubs for a 14bFF

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by chevytaHOE5674, Dec 1, 2006.

1. chevytaHOE5674

chevytaHOE5674 Registered Member

Hey guys im looking to swap my 14b FF axle under my 6 lug IFS truck. So i need to convert the rear Full Floater to 6 lug. Anybody have some machined hubs and brakes laying around they want to sell? or even some 8 to 6 lug adaptors possible? thanks let me know.

2. JpEater

JpEater 1/2 ton status

No such thing as a factory part like that. There was no 6 lug FF You may find some aluminum spacers/adapters in the Vendor forum though.

3. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Buy new wheels and convert your front to 8 lug.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2007
  4. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

He has a 6 lug IFS front. What parts are needed to swap to 8 lugs?

5. Goose

Goose 1/2 ton status

Not sure...
    But I was reading where the newer trucks front wheel bearings are an integral part of the hub.
    That means to replace the wheel bearing, you replace the hub also.
    So maybe you could just get some 8 lug hubs instead???
    Just an idea.

6. 4X4HIGH

I'm not 100% sure but i believe it is only a matter of swapping the hub/bearing/rotor assembly. I can't remember if the rotor diameter is the same or not and the thickness of the rotors.

7. chevytaHOE5674

I know there are no factory parts to do the 8 to 6 lug swap.

And from all the reading ive done the 8 lug front IFS swap isnt bolt on or easy at all. The Cv shafts are different, knuckles are different, ball joints are different, Control arms are different. So it isnt bolt up by any means and requires fab work. Which i can do but converting the FF to 6 lug is much easier and a bolt in install so no worry about have to DD it and all.

8. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

ummm three letters....SFA

why on earth would you want a 1/2 ton ifs front end and a 1 ton rear end? that just dont make no sence...

9. chevytaHOE5674

Trust me SAS is in the plans. I have a Dana 60 and 14 bolt sitting in my garage waiting. But i am in college and the funds to do my SAS how i want it arnt available for the tiem being and for the forseeable future.

As for needing a 1 ton rear axle, i have a 10 bolt with a detroit locker, and have blown 2 axle shafts. And since i have the 14 bolt sitting in my garage then if i swap it in i wont blow axle shafts. Then down the road when i SAS i can go back to 8 lug out back and resell the 6 lug hubs or spacers or whatever.

This is the truck:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

ur jsut running steelies, just get 2 8lug steelies and keep the front 6lug. youll be fine. just watch out for nails and sharp objects.

11. 4X4HIGH

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that it might be easier and cheaper to find someone who could make you a 6 to 8 lug adapter to install on the front wheels than try to make an 8 to 6 lug adapter for the rear FF axle. If you go this route you will already have purchased the required 8 lug rims. :thumb:

12. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Doesn't someone here make a 8 to 6 adapter? I know someone here used to if they still don't. I have also heard that you can have the rear 14bff hubs machined down so a 6 lug wheel will fit on them & you can fill & redrill the 6 lug pattern on the hubs.

Harley

13. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

14. 4X4HIGH

You can also check with willyswanter, i know he made some but said they would be uber expensive to make more.

15. chevytaHOE5674

I will look into those thanks. i know you can machine the hubs down and redrill them. I was hoping somebody had a set done already.

16. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

I think willyswanter filled the holes on his hub, machined it and redrilled for the 6 on 5.5 pattern. And as stated before you would also turn down the outer diameter of the shaft flange and hub to allow the IFS wheel to fit over it.

Ira

17. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Those two patterns are difficult to adapt because they are so close to each other and your not able to rotate one pattern enough to make room (as one stud interference is moved apart another starts to become a problem every time). I layed it out in AutoCAD... I can send you the file if you want to see it/if you can open it?

I also have access to a CNC mill and lathe and can have them made for you. Let me know if you want a quote.

6to8adapter.jpg

18. 94yukon

94yukon 1/2 ton status

Just watch when you go to put in the 14blt the spring pads dont line up if its older, I ended up making new frame mounts and moving the spring perches, Ithink it would be easier to find a 14sf 6lug with the right pad placement

19. 4X4HIGH

You must not have done your homework before buying your axle. The 1 ton axle is a direct swap in a 1st Gen 69-72 rig, while a 3/4 ton axle is a direct swap into a 2nd Gen 73-87 (91) blazer and sub.

20. chevytaHOE5674

If you dont mind i would like a quote. Shoot me a PM.

Also i have the 14b FF without any spring perchs on it at all and i have weld on perchs ready to go. It isnt hard to weld on spring perchs and shock mounts. Also my 14B is starting life 4:10 geared and it is cheap to detroit lock because it is an open carrier. And around here 14b SF's 6 lug go for liek 600-800 bucks because people know that they are desireable.